GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MyFreeola - very slow..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/07 at 15:58
Regular
Is it just me or are others having trouble using MyFreeola - 'page not found' when using some of the options?
Tue 09/01/07 at 15:58
Regular
Is it just me or are others having trouble using MyFreeola - 'page not found' when using some of the options?
Wed 10/01/07 at 09:36
Regular
Morning.

I raised a Support Ticket [131506] on this yesterday, so Freeola are investigating for me but they can't see a problem at the moment.

If there is anyone else out there with a few Freeola domains on their MyFreeola account would they see if they can login and use the 'My Websites' link normally?

This morning I'm just getting a blank portion to the page.

My MyFreeola account has nearly 100 domains on it, so I'm wonderering if it's a capacity issue. Using MyFreeola accounts with only a couple of domains seems to work normally if a little slow. But up until yesterday everything was fine for me.

Thanks in advance.
Wed 10/01/07 at 11:03
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
I have had a quick look into this as well, I can't see anything obvious going on. I checked quite a few of the different domain names and they all seemed to work straight away.

Hopefully you should hear back from my colleague shortly with more news on this.
Wed 10/01/07 at 11:25
Regular
Thanks for the reply Vexxxed.

I've just tried logging in again and clicking the 'My Websites' link with no joy.

When you tested it are you on an internal network? In the past I remember 'you' didn't see a problem that your users were seeing because of this. As soon as I click 'My Websites' the page freezes - if I go back to the page after a while the right hand portion (where the sites should be displayed) is blank.

I've tried IE and FF with the same results.

I've just tried FF again - after about 5-7 mins with "transferring data from secure.freeola.co.uk" at the bottom of the screen the list of websites was displayed!

My Ticket reply mentioned some DB maintenance was carried out yesterday - perhaps this has somehow affected me?

I've got some domains to renew but they don't have to be done today, so I'll wait for things to hopefully return to normal for me.

Thanks again.
Wed 10/01/07 at 13:43
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
That fault is now effecting us as well, even on our internal network. Seems to be an intermittent issue as it seems to come and go here.

I'm having our system guys look into it as well.
Wed 10/01/07 at 16:50
Regular
"There's no place li"
Vexxxed wrote:
> That fault is now effecting us as well, even on our internal
> network. Seems to be an intermittent issue as it seems to come
> and go here.
>
> I'm having our system guys look into it as well.

I haven't had a pproblem with it at all today, although to be fair there wsa a fair few delays last night with one domain I'd recently transferred in. I just put that down to the DNS record updates, but I noticed this morning that the DNS Records, after being forcibly changed 3 times yesterday appeared to have defaulted back to their original settings. I reconfigured them again this morning and they appear to have stayed now.

Dunno if its related to the same issue, but last night there was certainly some lengthy delays in SMTP/POP.

Regards,

Ghostie
Wed 10/01/07 at 18:13
Regular
Vexxxed wrote:
> That fault is now effecting us as well, even on our internal
> network. Seems to be an intermittent issue as it seems to come
> and go here.
>
> I'm having our system guys look into it as well.

Have to say I'm 'glad' you are now seeing the problem :)
It's no so intermittent for me though :(
Fri 12/01/07 at 11:34
Regular
Morning, update for you.

It's not quick, but the My Websites link in MyFreeola is working for me today using IE.

GWD
Fri 12/01/07 at 11:58
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Certainly after speaking with our programmers, they said having as many domains as you GWD is not going to be quick, but am looking into this to see if there is anything that can be done.

Shouldn't think that would have effected you Ghostie...but you never know now a days. Let us know if you have any more issues!
Tue 16/01/07 at 13:15
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
OK, our guys have made some modifications to some of the pages now on MyFreeola. Not all of them have been updated yet, but hopefully some will load more quickly now. My Web Sites page will still be slow for the moment though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.