GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A cleaner xbox?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 21:34
Regular
this probably sounds quite poncy, but i just wondered how everyone else maintains the quality of their fine machine. How do you keep those ridges dust free? do you dust your xbox, use a cloth?? What. tell meeee your thoughts please!
Fri 14/05/04 at 21:01
Regular
dust pees some people off mo ;)
Fri 14/05/04 at 19:40
Regular
": ("
When i had a PS2 and it had a disc read error i was told that hovering the van is a good thing as it gets out all of the dust clogging it up, i honestly dont give a monkeys whether my Xbox breaks or not because i still have a years warranty.
Fri 14/05/04 at 19:26
Regular
well i dont clean my xbox dont think it needs too ive had it for a few years got alot of dust but never had a problem same with my PS2
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:57
Regular
yeah, those 'cleaning' cd's have managed to wreck my old cd player and damage my old xbox.

it's a conspiracy.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:54
Regular
"BOSE"
The sagacious one wrote:
> I keep my xbox clean by hosing it down in the garden, then sticking it
> in the tumble dryer on a 1000 rpm cycle.

LOL! :-D nice one

i find the whole cleaning annoying. well, the inside really. you're not meant to put a cleaning CD into the drive. it will stop your xbox from reckonising ANY CD format. i've done it once and my xbox had to be sent off for cleaning! and sometimes when i'm playing like indiana jones, most times i move on a stage it freezes! or watching a certain film it will freeze! ***ks me right off my trolley!!! and there's balls all i can do! can't clean the inside at all! what the ***k, Bill!? jesus!
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:17
Regular
clean my xbox?

maybe I'll go over it with a wet cloth on a particularly sunny day, when the dust shows up more clearly.

our damned house gets pumped full of dust daily by the local motorway though, much to my annoyance.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:15
Regular
Same here....oh we're talking about Xbox's are we?
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I give mine a good hard buffing with some Turtle Wax, then shine it with a chamois.
Fri 14/05/04 at 11:48
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I keep my xbox clean by hosing it down in the garden, then sticking it in the tumble dryer on a 1000 rpm cycle.
Thu 13/05/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
c..lee..aaa.nnn

I no understandee this

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.