GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Choose for me, for I am unable to"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/05/04 at 13:34
Regular
Hitman Contracts
Ninja Gaiden
Toca 2

Please post a 3 page essay to accompany your choice, detailing why and how, and obviously including advantages and disadvantages of each.

Diagrams are optional, but will boost your mark.

You have 1 hour to complete it. There will be no talking during this task - any conferring may result in your essay being torn up, and you given a mark of zero.

You may begin when ready.
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ninja Gaiden

I've played 10 minutes and I love it.
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> TOCA 2 isn't as good as PGR2 hence it'd be a bit of a waste, you wouldn't play it that much.

It's well worth owning them both in my opinion, PGR2 is brilliant for straight forward arcade racing, whereas Toca is a little deeper and offers a fantastic career mode.
Sat 15/05/04 at 12:05
Regular
"BOSE"
guys! i had no idea what Ninja Gaiden was about! well actually i don't really. i just watched a load of trailers and it looks o so sweet :-D

Hitman Contracts & NG are on my list now :-)
Sat 15/05/04 at 01:04
Regular
"BOSE"
LOL :-D

driving's different, man. i'd brake in the real world. well, maybe not if i see some punk i didn't like in school..mwhahaha! :-D
Sat 15/05/04 at 00:43
Regular
Daveus wrote:
> Toca 2: i ain't too keen on most driving games. mostly cos i don't
> have the patience to keep pressing brake!
>

Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to drive.
Sat 15/05/04 at 00:39
Regular
"BOSE"
Toca 2: i ain't too keen on most driving games. mostly cos i don't have the patience to keep pressing brake!

Ninja Garden lol...whatever it's called! i have no clue to what it's about! i'll look it up.

Hitman 3: i said goddamn! i wanna get this game. just have to make time to play it. 2nd one rocks. best thing to do is put the gravity and/or slow motion cheat on, get your 2 pistols equipt, then basicly off every mother in the room! watch them float and bounce off the walls! i love it! :-D
Fri 14/05/04 at 23:46
Regular
"Touched!"
Even though I haven't got it yet I'd go for Ninja Gaiden, sounds like my type of game. Hard as nails but oh so rewarding!
Fri 14/05/04 at 20:45
"I love yo... lamp."
I've tried TOCA 2, and it was rather good actually. But PGR 2 is just so superior that after a while I would go back to it. And then with Burnout 3 on the way with Live support, any occasional distractions would be taken up by it.

I'm just kind of against buying a game that I know will only be played for 10 minutes. That's what I have a Dreamcast for.
Fri 14/05/04 at 20:43
Regular
TOCA 2 is really fun, especially online. Extremely tight, bumper to bumper racing - and cars nudge each other all the time. VROOOMMMM
Fri 14/05/04 at 20:38
Regular
heh :)

well I'd agree with you really, although toca, when I played it, seemed different enough to pgr2 to be worth purchasing.

currently ninja gaiden is the favourite though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.