GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Never mind the bastard patch..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Fri 14/05/04 at 22:11
Regular
Give me a new fu**ing code for the firkin game that doesn't cause it to crash every 2 minutes. That’s 12 times tonight Splinter Cell has crashed on me, the worrying thing though is that LIVE is going to be used in the same way as a PC is, botch out a game that needs a lot of tweaking and then promise everyone a patch months down the line, only with PC gaming it tends to be within the same week as a PAL release, however with LIVE it's months.

It's ridiculous; I pay £30 for a game that clearly hasn't been tested properly on LIVE and the results... "Anyone who leaves a game will be find up to 100 points", okay then, when you start banning people for 24 hours due to bad feedback for leaving games would it be okay if I rang your hotline to speak to someone to complain? No didn't think so, we though have to put up with what quite frankly is a throw back to early PC games, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow is possibly the most buggy game I have ever played yet because of LIVE it seems acceptable to spew out un-tested code and then play the best form of defence which is offence to show the public they are going to sort out the problems.

Sorting out the crashes... No, it can't be done. Putting an even dodgier scoring system and punishment system can be though and yet we are meant to be grateful. Rainbow Six 3 was buggy but you could live with it, this however is seriously hindering the gameplay and if they are going to start getting tough over fan*y groomers leaving games then surely they should get tough with the people who were in charge of the online system in the first place.

Just wait, you can almost guarantee that LIVE will be used as a safe harbour for lazy developers, shame really as LIVE it's self is great fun at times, then at others I find myself wishing I never bought the ba*tard thing in the first place.

Tis a bit of a badger tasticle to be honest, the best LIVE games have also proved to be the most unreliable LIVE games. Next time I hope they can actually sort the frucker out in the first place which would save a lot of time in the long run.

2 weeks until they patch it, all stats reset, let's hope this will cover a lot of the crashing issues, I doubt it though, the patch won't be above a few mb.
Sat 15/05/04 at 12:02
Regular
"Touched!"
Maybe some of you have the ill-fated Thompson drive? In my two Xboxes I have a Samsung drive and the philips.
Sat 15/05/04 at 12:00
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's odd, I have it it crash every now and again, but some people I
> play with reguarly seem to crash almost every other game.
>
> Think it's down to different Xbox disc drives.

What disc drive do you have? And are these crashes common in other games?
Sat 15/05/04 at 11:56
Regular
Cyclone wrote:

> On PGR2, almost every race ends with me on the dashboard. It doesn't
> register Kudos gains either.......! AR!

Sure you haven't got a dodgy disc?

Along with TOCA, they're the only Live games I've got that have never crashed.
Sat 15/05/04 at 11:51
Regular
"Touched!"
Strange, I've never had SC:PT crash and as for the ranking being reset I think it's a good idea, makes it fair for people who have had their ranking trashed. I don't play it unless my bro wants to have a free game online, he's fairly new to it so I show him the levels.
Sat 15/05/04 at 11:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've never crashed on SC:PT, except in game once......

On PGR2, almost every race ends with me on the dashboard. It doesn't register Kudos gains either.......! AR!
Sat 15/05/04 at 11:49
Regular
It's odd, I have it it crash every now and again, but some people I play with reguarly seem to crash almost every other game.

Think it's down to different Xbox disc drives.
Sat 15/05/04 at 11:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I can't be bothered to play it anyway.
Fri 14/05/04 at 22:11
Regular
Give me a new fu**ing code for the firkin game that doesn't cause it to crash every 2 minutes. That’s 12 times tonight Splinter Cell has crashed on me, the worrying thing though is that LIVE is going to be used in the same way as a PC is, botch out a game that needs a lot of tweaking and then promise everyone a patch months down the line, only with PC gaming it tends to be within the same week as a PAL release, however with LIVE it's months.

It's ridiculous; I pay £30 for a game that clearly hasn't been tested properly on LIVE and the results... "Anyone who leaves a game will be find up to 100 points", okay then, when you start banning people for 24 hours due to bad feedback for leaving games would it be okay if I rang your hotline to speak to someone to complain? No didn't think so, we though have to put up with what quite frankly is a throw back to early PC games, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow is possibly the most buggy game I have ever played yet because of LIVE it seems acceptable to spew out un-tested code and then play the best form of defence which is offence to show the public they are going to sort out the problems.

Sorting out the crashes... No, it can't be done. Putting an even dodgier scoring system and punishment system can be though and yet we are meant to be grateful. Rainbow Six 3 was buggy but you could live with it, this however is seriously hindering the gameplay and if they are going to start getting tough over fan*y groomers leaving games then surely they should get tough with the people who were in charge of the online system in the first place.

Just wait, you can almost guarantee that LIVE will be used as a safe harbour for lazy developers, shame really as LIVE it's self is great fun at times, then at others I find myself wishing I never bought the ba*tard thing in the first place.

Tis a bit of a badger tasticle to be honest, the best LIVE games have also proved to be the most unreliable LIVE games. Next time I hope they can actually sort the frucker out in the first place which would save a lot of time in the long run.

2 weeks until they patch it, all stats reset, let's hope this will cover a lot of the crashing issues, I doubt it though, the patch won't be above a few mb.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.