GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phantom"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/05/04 at 11:05
Regular
I apologise if this has already been posted.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3714141.stm[/URL]
Wed 19/05/04 at 15:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sounds like a good enough beasty, and if it is supported a la the Xbox through early flaws and hiccups and general rubbishness, it should be a good little console.

Whether I'd get it or not is a different matter. A 1.5mb level on RS3 on my Xbox takes about 5/6 minutes (although the PC is waaay faster for some reason).....

But I'm keeping my eye on it.
Tue 18/05/04 at 15:16
Regular
"and PC user"
And it looks like its going to be like Sky tv. You get the hardware for free, but only if you subscribe to their game service (min 2 years). And thats on top of the broadband subscription you will need to pay just to stay connected (£15 a month). I guess any games you download will also have their own cost attached - they cant bundle them with the subscription fee or give them away free as it would break copyright regulations. Sounds expensive to me. I think most people want a console which plays games that you buy on disc, and maybe DVD's, but thats about it. Only a few people I know have got Broadband anyway, and lots simply dont want to pay subscription every month.
Tue 18/05/04 at 15:13
Regular
As good as concept as it seems, I can see this dying sharpish. You can download PC games? Aren't the current crop weighing in at hefty sizes like 1-4Gb? Forgive me for being a little put-off by that, but it'd take bloody ages on UK DSL connections to download a decent game!

Nah, give me Xbox 2, PSP and DS instead.
Tue 18/05/04 at 15:01
Regular
"and PC user"
Does anyone think it will ever make it into the UK shops? And even if it does, could it go the same way as CDi - with 3 games consoles on the market, PC games, and hand helds,is there any call for another system?
Sat 15/05/04 at 11:05
Regular
I apologise if this has already been posted.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3714141.stm[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.