GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"(short story)The way i almost 'won' game of the day"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 10:06
Regular
The way i almost 'won' game of the day(short story)

This is a true-life story of how I nearly ‘won’ game of the day.
This story may contain scenes of violence or deal with material of an adult manor. I have given this story a G for........God dam its crap! (Channel 5 pun)

The story starts in a computer café in the heart of Bristol. A small boy of the age of 14 was on the special reserve wed site when he accidentally clicked on a button saying ‘Download’. The screen started to flash and may files appeared. As he needed to be home by 5 and it was quarter to 5 he bunged in a disk and saved them all.

The next day he went back to the café and again put the disk with the saved information into the computer. Most of the files he could not open except for one call ‘G.O.D”. Not knowing what it was he double clicked on it.
A small window popped up saying the following:
68th warehouse, docks, room 427, masters computer.
Thinking this was important he copied it down onto a scrap piece of paper which he found in his back pocket.

Later that night as he lay in bed he said to himself , “Could this be the master computer that says who’s won game of the day? Perhaps if I… ….naa, I wouldn’t be able to……. …..but what if ….no don’t be silly, like I could do that…….just maybe,you never know….yeh that’s what I’ll do!”

Beep! Beep! Went the alarm clock…….Smack!!! Went the boys fist as it knocked the clock of his wooden bedside table.
“Today’s the day,” he said to himself as he pulled on his blue denim jeans. He then put on his top and his Nike trainers and filled his backpack with some items. You know, your average things. Door decoder, C4, tear gas (and mask), lock pick set and the all important decoder disk. (I would just like to thank the Internet, for with out its help none of these items would be here in my possession today)

It took around 30 minutes on the city line bus to get to the docks. As he hopped off the bus he pulled the scrap of paper from the back pocket of his jeans.
“Now,” he said, “the 68th warehouse.” He looked around but found only a few warehouses. “I can only see 11. Oh well,” the boy said in a low, sad voice. Then he looked up at the biggest warehouse and noticed that on the door it said in large gold writing: 68 LTD. “That’s it!” He cried out as he began to run towards it.“It wasn’t the 68th warehouse, it was the warehouse owned by 68!”

He slowed down as he approached the large door. With both hands he pulled the sliding iron door open. But as soon as he stepped inside 2 men spotted him.
“Hay you kid!” they shouted as they hurdled towards him. The boy quickly pulled the bag off his back and unzipped it. He then put on a gas mask and threw a round metallic ball at them. As it hit the floor grey smoke started to spew out and with in a few seconds both the men where lying on he ground.

The boy then walked through the smoke calmly and up to a strong metal door. But as you know with these kind of places it was locked. He tried for some time to pick the lock but after that didn’t work he did the only decent thing………C4 it! He placed the C4 right in the center of the door and set the timer for 10 seconds. He then (as most of us would do in this situation) ran like hell out of the building. BOOM! That was all that could be heard for miles around. Then when he went back he could now go through the door. (And half the wall for that matter!) On the other side was a just a boring old room, apart from the trap door in the corner that was. He approached the small wooden door with caution. He then peered around to see if the coast was clear. It was so he opened it.

A great stench of cheese and rotten fish flew out of the hole. (Lucky he still had his mask on huh?) He climbed down the wet ladder into the darkness not knowing . When he reached the bottom he pulled out and turned on a small torch from his bag. As he walked down a path he noticed that there was a sewage flow to the left of him. Far away he could see that the tunnel turned off to a corner so he turned off his torch. When he reached the corner he peeped around and all he could see was a mans face and a bit of the door behind him lit up by a fag in his mouth. The boy then had a cunning idea to get rid of the man. He threw the lock picking set into to sewage. The man heard the splash and ran over to investigate, but as he didn’t have a torch he fell strait into the sewage flow and floated away with the strong current.

He turned his torch back on and walked up to the door. At the top of the door he noticed that there was a panel with the numbers 427 on.
“ Jackpot!” said the boy as he turned the brass knob. Inside there was a small oak desk with a laptop open on it. On the screen the word ‘PASSWORD’ was flashing above a text box. In went the decoder disk and..3.2.1..open.
Just as he was about to put wezal in as the next 30 game a day winners, thick steal spikes flew across the doorway inbeding themselves into the concrete ,trapping him. Then the desk started to sink into the ground and alarm bell went off. He had only one choice. He climbed onto the desk as it went down entering a white padded room.
“Sh*t!!!!”
“Hello Mr Wezal!” said an evil, low voice from a speaker at the other end of the room. “You where close, oh so close. But you forgot one thing….We are every where! We see all! Hear all! Are all...Ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!”
There was only one way now to get out of the room. Through the coded door next to the speaker. The boy had to think fast. “how can I get past the....oh yeah!” He threw his bag to the ground and rummaged about until he found……the door decoder! He ran up to the door and placed the small box that was the decoder on a box next to the door with lots of numbers on. He pressed a button on the decoder and the door swang open. He darted out and glanced left then right.
“A lift!” Running to the lift he noticed 6 bulky men behind him. Luckily the lift doors were open so the boy ran inside; unluckily 2 men were waiting inside the lift and they.....grabbed him!

So here I am. In a padded cell. I get feed 3 times a day, and the foods not bad and I get free hospital treatment.
If any one wants to stop by and visit, just ask.
I’m shore they’ll let me have some kind of visitor hour or something.....won’t they???

----the end----
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:06
Regular
"always swirling"
The way i almost 'won' game of the day(short story)

This is a true-life story of how I nearly ‘won’ game of the day.
This story may contain scenes of violence or deal with material of an adult manor. I have given this story a G for........God dam its crap! (Channel 5 pun)

The story starts in a computer café in the heart of Bristol. A small boy of the age of 14 was on the special reserve wed site when he accidentally clicked on a button saying ‘Download’. The screen started to flash and may files appeared. As he needed to be home by 5 and it was quarter to 5 he bunged in a disk and saved them all.

The next day he went back to the café and again put the disk with the saved information into the computer. Most of the files he could not open except for one call ‘G.O.D”. Not knowing what it was he double clicked on it.
A small window popped up saying the following:
68th warehouse, docks, room 427, masters computer.
Thinking this was important he copied it down onto a scrap piece of paper which he found in his back pocket.

Later that night as he lay in bed he said to himself , “Could this be the master computer that says who’s won game of the day? Perhaps if I… ….naa, I wouldn’t be able to……. …..but what if ….no don’t be silly, like I could do that…….just maybe,you never know….yeh that’s what I’ll do!”

Beep! Beep! Went the alarm clock…….Smack!!! Went the boys fist as it knocked the clock of his wooden bedside table.
“Today’s the day,” he said to himself as he pulled on his blue denim jeans. He then put on his top and his Nike trainers and filled his backpack with some items. You know, your average things. Door decoder, C4, tear gas (and mask), lock pick set and the all important decoder disk. (I would just like to thank the Internet, for with out its help none of these items would be here in my possession today)

It took around 30 minutes on the city line bus to get to the docks. As he hopped off the bus he pulled the scrap of paper from the back pocket of his jeans.
“Now,” he said, “the 68th warehouse.” He looked around but found only a few warehouses. “I can only see 11. Oh well,” the boy said in a low, sad voice. Then he looked up at the biggest warehouse and noticed that on the door it said in large gold writing: 68 LTD. “That’s it!” He cried out as he began to run towards it.“It wasn’t the 68th warehouse, it was the warehouse owned by 68!”

He slowed down as he approached the large door. With both hands he pulled the sliding iron door open. But as soon as he stepped inside 2 men spotted him.
“Hay you kid!” they shouted as they hurdled towards him. The boy quickly pulled the bag off his back and unzipped it. He then put on a gas mask and threw a round metallic ball at them. As it hit the floor grey smoke started to spew out and with in a few seconds both the men where lying on he ground.

The boy then walked through the smoke calmly and up to a strong metal door. But as you know with these kind of places it was locked. He tried for some time to pick the lock but after that didn’t work he did the only decent thing………C4 it! He placed the C4 right in the center of the door and set the timer for 10 seconds. He then (as most of us would do in this situation) ran like hell out of the building. BOOM! That was all that could be heard for miles around. Then when he went back he could now go through the door. (And half the wall for that matter!) On the other side was a just a boring old room, apart from the trap door in the corner that was. He approached the small wooden door with caution. He then peered around to see if the coast was clear. It was so he opened it.

A great stench of cheese and rotten fish flew out of the hole. (Lucky he still had his mask on huh?) He climbed down the wet ladder into the darkness not knowing . When he reached the bottom he pulled out and turned on a small torch from his bag. As he walked down a path he noticed that there was a sewage flow to the left of him. Far away he could see that the tunnel turned off to a corner so he turned off his torch. When he reached the corner he peeped around and all he could see was a mans face and a bit of the door behind him lit up by a fag in his mouth. The boy then had a cunning idea to get rid of the man. He threw the lock picking set into to sewage. The man heard the splash and ran over to investigate, but as he didn’t have a torch he fell strait into the sewage flow and floated away with the strong current.

He turned his torch back on and walked up to the door. At the top of the door he noticed that there was a panel with the numbers 427 on.
“ Jackpot!” said the boy as he turned the brass knob. Inside there was a small oak desk with a laptop open on it. On the screen the word ‘PASSWORD’ was flashing above a text box. In went the decoder disk and..3.2.1..open.
Just as he was about to put wezal in as the next 30 game a day winners, thick steal spikes flew across the doorway inbeding themselves into the concrete ,trapping him. Then the desk started to sink into the ground and alarm bell went off. He had only one choice. He climbed onto the desk as it went down entering a white padded room.
“Sh*t!!!!”
“Hello Mr Wezal!” said an evil, low voice from a speaker at the other end of the room. “You where close, oh so close. But you forgot one thing….We are every where! We see all! Hear all! Are all...Ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!”
There was only one way now to get out of the room. Through the coded door next to the speaker. The boy had to think fast. “how can I get past the....oh yeah!” He threw his bag to the ground and rummaged about until he found……the door decoder! He ran up to the door and placed the small box that was the decoder on a box next to the door with lots of numbers on. He pressed a button on the decoder and the door swang open. He darted out and glanced left then right.
“A lift!” Running to the lift he noticed 6 bulky men behind him. Luckily the lift doors were open so the boy ran inside; unluckily 2 men were waiting inside the lift and they.....grabbed him!

So here I am. In a padded cell. I get feed 3 times a day, and the foods not bad and I get free hospital treatment.
If any one wants to stop by and visit, just ask.
I’m shore they’ll let me have some kind of visitor hour or something.....won’t they???

----the end----
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:11
Hello, and welcome to the forums/
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:12
Even tho' you've been heer for 85 days

:D
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:17
Hi wezal!
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:19
Regular
"always swirling"
hi
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:23
I am Time_Warp. I hope you enojy MY Forums. (joke) (:)
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:28
Lol "enojy"
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:32
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
"A great stench of cheese and rotten fish flew out of the hole"

You don't understand how much I laughed! Dirty boy!
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:36
OK that was nice. Sorry to hear about your bad look. If I could just make a suggestion though. I would have titled it (a fairly long story)The way i almost won game of the day, as an oppose to (short story)The way i almost won game of the day. Please note that the above comment wasn't meant to in anywayoffend or anger you, if it did then i am sorry.
Sun 15/07/01 at 10:38
Regular
"always swirling"
thats ok.
i can see where you're coming from.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.