GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tell me about Xbox Live...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/05/04 at 14:40
Regular
Getting xbox live for my birthday, just wanted a description of it and how good it is. Also i want a live enabled game with it as well, any suggestions?
Sun 16/05/04 at 14:40
Regular
Getting xbox live for my birthday, just wanted a description of it and how good it is. Also i want a live enabled game with it as well, any suggestions?
Sun 16/05/04 at 14:49
"I love yo... lamp."
Well it is an online gaming service, allowing for online multiplayer, content download and some other features, such as fastest laps, or shortest times on levels. All depends on the game.

It really is excellent, the best online gaming experience there is. It's very reliable and with almost a million users getting a match with someone is fairly easy.

There are a whole bunch of decent Live titles, however if you were to check the Big SR Live Sheet [URL]http://members.lycos.co.uk/notoriousbiggles/[/URL] then you'd be able to see what the most popular games are. Currently Rainbow Six 3, Project Gotham Racing 2 and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow are the most popular.

I can highly recommend Rainbow Six 3 and PGR2, along with Crimson Skies, ESPN NHL Hockey and Top Spin. XIII has a great single player but I have yet to play it on Live.

When you get Live, add your gamertag and Live games (online multiplayer ones only please, i.e. not KOTOR or Ninja Gaiden which don't have online multiplayer) to the Xbox Live Definative Thread. It's a big thread with around 500 replies in it. Then I'll add you to the Big Sheet itself. Then you can die happy.
Sun 16/05/04 at 14:55
Regular
keep in mind that some of the older xlive games will have no one playing them anymore (one of the bigger disadvantages for xlive games) and even games like Crimson Skies you're hardly spoilt for choice only a few games going on at anyone time.
Sun 16/05/04 at 14:56
"I love yo... lamp."
That is true to a degree if you use the optimatch features, but if you just look for a quick game then there is normally no problems at all. Plus the tards tend to go on the most popular games.
Sun 16/05/04 at 15:08
Regular
Other than that it is a lot of fun, hopefully some better games will come out in the near future. Playing Crimson Skies we get no lag at all even when playing against 14 other people with split screen. One of the downsides is it can be addictive, every time my brother gets back from work at midnight he locks himself in his room with the xbox and just plays with his mates for hours. And this is from the same guy who said "aww no why'd you get me xbox live for? Couldnt you have gotten me DVDs instead?" baka ~_~
Sun 16/05/04 at 18:10
Regular
Accidentally sent twice sorry.
Sun 16/05/04 at 18:13
Regular
Thanks for those comments i cant wait to get it it sounds excellent. Just one question, can you and your mates play in one game on the same console against other people? Say i have 2 mates round and we want to play PGR2 against 6 other racers with us playing against eachother and the other people. Is that possible?
Sun 16/05/04 at 18:16
"I love yo... lamp."
With PGR2 you could have one guest playing on it with you. Guests are supported on a few games, but I'm not sure what ones. You'll probably only be able to have a maximum of one guest at a time though.
Sun 16/05/04 at 18:24
Regular
It sucks you can only have 1 guest, they should have let the third for Crimson Skies. I don't have an xlive gamertag and I'm not allowed to use my brothers. You do get them free with some games, so if that is always the case then hopefully you'll never have to pay the subscription.

Perhaps when I get my xbox we'll be able to play with 4 users
Sun 16/05/04 at 19:35
Regular
Thanks, guys for the help

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.