GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have Heart (a short story from the past)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/12/09 at 11:48
"possibly impossible"
Something I wrote about 5 years ago...

Have Heart
The voices raced against each other for audience in his head. All the time, Tom tried to ignore them and concentrate.

'Keep Cool' they uttered, but how could he? The exam was making his head hurt more than ever and he was only on the second page.

What if someone else heard his voices? What if they made him do something odd? Would he be expelled?

'Be Quiet!' he thought to the voices queing for attention.

'Canny Lad. Will You. Trust Me.' came the reply.

Did they have a meaning? Perhaps the voices were telling him something that would benefit his exam paper. He looked at the next question and read it to himself.

'Explain Molly's character in brief and how it relates to the other characters in the story' He waited for a reply.

'Bonnie Lass. My Hero. May I hope.'

Not much of an answer, but it was better than anything he had thought of. Sweat dripped from his head as he turned the page to the next set of questions.

'Kiss me.'

What? Did that voice just say 'Kiss me'?

'Kiss me. Love.'

Right! That was it. Tom threw down the remainder of the packet of Love Hearts and tried to concentrate on his work. As the packet landed on the table, one sweet escaped. He watched it spin round and round and finally it fell, message side up, on the table.

'Bye Bye'.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 04/12/09 at 11:48
"possibly impossible"
Something I wrote about 5 years ago...

Have Heart
The voices raced against each other for audience in his head. All the time, Tom tried to ignore them and concentrate.

'Keep Cool' they uttered, but how could he? The exam was making his head hurt more than ever and he was only on the second page.

What if someone else heard his voices? What if they made him do something odd? Would he be expelled?

'Be Quiet!' he thought to the voices queing for attention.

'Canny Lad. Will You. Trust Me.' came the reply.

Did they have a meaning? Perhaps the voices were telling him something that would benefit his exam paper. He looked at the next question and read it to himself.

'Explain Molly's character in brief and how it relates to the other characters in the story' He waited for a reply.

'Bonnie Lass. My Hero. May I hope.'

Not much of an answer, but it was better than anything he had thought of. Sweat dripped from his head as he turned the page to the next set of questions.

'Kiss me.'

What? Did that voice just say 'Kiss me'?

'Kiss me. Love.'

Right! That was it. Tom threw down the remainder of the packet of Love Hearts and tried to concentrate on his work. As the packet landed on the table, one sweet escaped. He watched it spin round and round and finally it fell, message side up, on the table.

'Bye Bye'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.