GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorow Thoughts"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow'.
Mon 17/05/04 at 18:59
Regular
": ("
If I was to keep track of the amount of games I actually get to finish online while playing Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow I could find out whether I spend more time looking for a game or whether I spend more time playing in a game.

Here were my results:

Went on SCPT at 4:00pm, none of my friends were online so I went to Optimatch. Normally I would search for a Ranked game but to make it fair I stuck with both Free games and Ranked games, to also make it fair I would choose the game at the top of the list when the Optimatch results came up. After 4 attempts of trying to join a game I finally got into a game but as usual the guy who was on Level 4 left the game because I was on Level 2. We waited 5 minutes (and im surprised the guys actually waited) until a Level 1 guy joined, we started the game and everything was fine.

Other games: I managed to play 4 games that night, which was pretty poor seeing as I was on SCPT for about 2 hours.

Went on SCPT at 4:00pm like usual, my friends were online but I ignored their invitations. I went onto Optimatch and chose the first game on the list of results; surprisingly I managed to join the game but just before the game ended someone left meaning that the game was pointless. I stayed in that game for about 10 minutes while speaking to the host until he just ended the game without telling me (its surprising how rude some people can be), I tried to join 3 other games straight after until I managed to join a game, but unfortunately it was a foreign game and im sure they were trying to tell me something, that’s probably why they kicked me.

Other games : I played 5 games that night and it wasn’t as bad seeing as I was on there for about 3 hours. But still, most games go on for about 15 minutes at the max and I played 7 games meaning that I should have been on there for about 2 hours 30 minutes.

I done P.E that day and was ready to lie down a play some ‘Game Searching’ (great fun). I went on SCPT at 6:00pm, went onto Optimatch as usual and looked for a game. I got onto a game and although the players were foreign I still played and managed to play with no problems at all, then my dad cut my internet connection as he wanted to go onto the PC and didn’t know I was on Live. I stormed downstairs and told him to hurry up so I could get on with playing SCPT, he was on there for about 10 minutes until I just got fed up and disconnected his connection so I could play on Live. I went onto Optimatch again and 6 times (SIX!) in a row it came up with something like “Game session is over”, this has been happening a lot lately and is one of the main things that put me off of SCPT online. I joined another game and played a good game until a stupid kid left; I left when we got back to the lobby because the host was then being a prat. The funny thing was that the next game I joined was being hosted by the stupid kid that left the previous game.

Other games : I didn’t play anymore games after that as my friends we begging me to come onto Rainbow Six 3.

I went onto SCPT straight after school, I went onto Optimatch and met my mate on a game, it was a great game (probably the best I’ve had) but unfortunately my mate had to go offline leaving me with no choice but to join a game that has a 99% chance of being poop. I joined a game and that annoying message came up again, I tried again and again and again and again until I got mad and turned my Xbox off. I came back on SCPT at about 6:00pm and the first game was terrible, we must have been waiting for about 20 minutes until someone joined………then left 2 seconds after, we then waited another 5 minutes until a guy (that I’ve played with before) joined, I knew he wouldn’t leave so I stayed in the game. But there was one problem, I wasn’t sure that I could trust the other guys, there was one more Tube left to get (I was a spy) and I got it but as soon as the guy realised that he couldn’t get me he left!
We went back to the Lobby once again until a girl joined (yes a girl), all three of the players were having a big argument over who should be spies and who shouldn’t, I was really getting sick of this so I unleashed my calming tablets and calmed everyone down. We were ready to go, but the host wouldn’t start the game, it was obvious that he was away but I forced myself to wait as I wanted to see how long it would take until the game actually started. The host was back…..but the girl was gone (this was starting to get quite funny), someone joined so I yelled at the host to start the game straight away, he did (and it sounded like he was actually scared even though he sounded like a 30-year-old). It was going great until the connection was lost…………..

Other games: Don’t ask……

I went on SCPT at 7:00pm and went onto Optimatch, it was a Friday and I was in a good mood, the first game was okay because we were all getting along, having a laugh and actually playing SCPT. I was planning to get off at about 9:00pm to watch Have I Got News For You but I ended up finishing at about 9:30 (which is when it starts I think) and heres why. I joined an American host’s game and I have to say this, they were so noisy and they sounded like 3 hardcore gaming 5 year-olds. They were screaming down the headset, singing (maybe I shouldn’t have said this) and just doing kiddie things. It didn’t bother me though, we started the game and the kid I was with kept asking me so many questions that I ended up muting him, the game was terrible because the kid I was with wanted the other kids to get him (we were mercenaries) so that he could speak to them before they broke his neck (don’t ask why he wanted to do this) . I didn’t play any more games after that as I was tired, it was Friday and I wanted to watch some TV.
Other games : Null.

Im not liking SCPT at the mo, I play Single Player now and then but not very often. I wish Ubisoft or whoever came up with this online part of the game could just fix the little things that would make me like this game so much better.
Tue 18/05/04 at 22:31
Regular
Best levels are actually

Airport 1, Training, Presidio, Meat Packing, Garage
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Airport 1 and 2, Garage and Trainyard are brilliant.
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:35
Regular
None of the maps will match the Airport Maps and the Garage map, outside of those and possibly warehouse the rest are guff.
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:33
Regular
I'm off out in a minute. I'll be on Live over the weekend though so if you're around I'll give ya a game of RS3 or something, still haven't downloaded either of the 2 new maps.
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm on RS3 because I've not exhausted it like you lot.

PGR2 is class, but it always crashes on me. Terrific fun, probably the best game on Live, so far at least.

We can play PT tonight too...
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:24
Regular
Only games I play on Live are Splinter Cell, TOCA 2 and Project Gotham 2. Haven't actually been on though for a bout a month now, Rallisport 2 should hopefully reknew my intrest in the whole thing.
Tue 18/05/04 at 18:18
Regular
": ("
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> For me it is the best LIVE game, playing Rainbiw Six 3 the other day
> just bored me, played that game far too many times. Outside of this
> 2K4 NFL is good and Tenchu is awesome in CO-OP. Links is the only
> other LIVE game of any remote interest.

Rainbow Six 3 - I got this about 5 months ago and im still playing it like its a new game. (Mainly because of the new maps)

Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorow - I got this about 1 month ago and im already bored of it, im no good at the single player so the only thing that will make me keep it would be the Live play which im not liking so the game is nothing to me. Jack.
Tue 18/05/04 at 17:54
Regular
For me it is the best LIVE game, playing Rainbiw Six 3 the other day just bored me, played that game far too many times. Outside of this 2K4 NFL is good and Tenchu is awesome in CO-OP. Links is the only other LIVE game of any remote interest.
Tue 18/05/04 at 17:54
Regular
Even though I'm pretty rubbish due to very little practice time, I find the actual structure of the online play virtually faultless.

My main gripe is that it's so damn hard to find a decent game.
Tue 18/05/04 at 17:52
Regular
Once they get the bugs fixed this game's gonna be much better.

As it is it's still one of the best games on Live. Problem is though unless you're playing with people you know, there are a lot of extremly gay tactics that people use against you. Because of this it really stops people who are new to the game really getting into it. It's an excellent game but it's not the kind of thing you can just pick up an play, you need to know the levels and get used to the game play mechanics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.