GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Chess games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/05/04 at 15:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Can anyone suggest a good, free (legally free) downloadable chess game please - any where to download it from. Found quite a few on download.com but don't want to download and install them all to find the best if someone can share their knowledge.

Thanks
Tue 18/05/04 at 15:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Can anyone suggest a good, free (legally free) downloadable chess game please - any where to download it from. Found quite a few on download.com but don't want to download and install them all to find the best if someone can share their knowledge.

Thanks
Wed 26/05/04 at 11:38
"R.I.P Acestar"
Well I know where you can play chess against people around the world on the internet.You don't download it you just go on it type in a screen name and your playing.It's 15mins timed, you can talk to that person and go over the game.Your first 64 games are free I think.

[URL]http://www.instantchess.com/[/URL]
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:01
Regular
"The Red Shift"
another online one is kasparovchess.com or something.

good, completely free and i think you can apply timing, etc.

i have an american game on my pc called corel chess which is really quite good. it cost me about $7.99
Wed 26/05/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Chess Games? The only one I have ever played is 'Battle Chess', which is easy to play, with varying levels of difficulty, and full of humorous ,ove and animations.

But there are also disadvantages.

1- It's from 1988.
2- It won't run on a PC made after 1994.
3- It crashes easily.

If you like chess and classic games and are also in ownership of an old PC running MS-DOS, try and find it. Otherwise, don't bother.
Wed 02/06/04 at 00:46
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Best free one is probably Arasan chess. Windows based and is fairly smart.

[URL]http://www.arasanchess.org/[/URL]
Tue 08/06/04 at 07:27
Regular
"=|MM|=MOFO MAYHEM"
chess dont seem right useing computer i prefer the old fasion way....'another game grandad?'=zydec
Tue 08/06/04 at 08:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Chess is good as a board game, seeing as that it is the intended original format, but on PC it can be better in several ways; you can play against people you may never play otherwise over the internet, you can change the computer opponent's level of skill, and you can have some pretty damn good animations, such as those in Battle Chess.

...And what exactly is the point of putting the name at the end of your post? Doon't you notice the text on the far left of the message stating who posted it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.