GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Gaming Set-Up - Discuss"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/12/09 at 13:11
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Right, I'm making this thread because i'm interested on how the community around here plays their games. So, basically, describe how your consoles/gaming PC's are set up to maximize your gaming experience.

My set up looks a little like this:
White 19" HDTV (1080i) stood in the middle of the desk, to the left is the black behemoth - my 60GB PS3, beside my DS Lite. To the right is my SEGA Megadrive II, and in the middle is the good old PSX.

Hoping to add a 360 to the mix at some point in the near future, however, either a GameCube or a N64 is looking more likely right now.

So, how does yours look?
Thu 03/12/09 at 15:05
Regular
"THFC"
Not this one, had to make my own spurs shirt from a George White Polo one
Thu 03/12/09 at 13:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I thought all Tottenham fans were minted?
Thu 03/12/09 at 13:07
Regular
"THFC"
It is actually something called "Pixel Plus" i think - which before HD was an inbetween, better than nothing but no HD lol.

I only earn £1 an hour, so cant afford a new TV : ' (
Thu 03/12/09 at 12:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
What is non-HD? Is this some sort of strange magic? :S
Thu 03/12/09 at 11:52
Regular
"THFC"
Cereal Box with cut out, where i place images i draw......

lol, have a 37" non HD TV at the mo, and my Xbox 360.

This will be changed to;

32" HD TV with Xbox & Ps3 hopefully!
Thu 03/12/09 at 10:22
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
48" HD Something or other. Damned if I know :S It's massive, and isn't that all that matters? You know it is.

Glass panelled 2 shelf stand, PS3 on first shelf, Sky Box on bottom.

PC next to TV. Quad core something or otehr again. Can't be bothered with details :D It plays WOW successfully and everything else is moot.

Other consoles hidden away somewhere, but they don't really count.
Wed 02/12/09 at 18:31
Regular
"How Ironic"
My setup cost about £300 altogether :P

19" HDTV
Xbox Elite

Yes, extremely basic, but it's all i need :)
Wed 02/12/09 at 15:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm not going to mention any other room of the house. Just my room.

Anyway, 40" Samsung HDTV (does the 1080p) next to the doorway. Next to that in the corner is an original Xbox tucked away. Slightly round the corner is my PC.

Below the TV on a shelf is my PS2, my 360 and my Wii. On the next shelf below that is the SkyHD box, a video recorder (still got a ton of videos) and a DVD recorder and the PS3.

I've got about 10 shelves on the walls full of games from different eras like some Megadrive cartridges, PS1 games to current PC and current console stuff. Also got a DVD stack which has games in it too.

I've got the Megadrive with 32X and now busted Mega CD stashed away on the floor.

EDIT: Totally forgot the mention the clutter corner with plastic guitars, drumkit etc and steering wheel.
Wed 02/12/09 at 15:12
Regular
"And in last place.."
I've got a setup to be far from proud of.

23" Samsung LCD (1080i)
The 360 and PS3 next to it, PS2 and Dreamcast underneath.

The best part is listening through my £1.99 earphones. The walls in my house are made of paper (more or less) and the constant gun fire would wake up my daughter. And I only use 1 earphone as I'm only doing mono at the moment!
Wed 02/12/09 at 14:50
Regular
Ok, mine's a bit ridiculous, but that's because I'm temporarily renting a room off a mate (a work mate at that), and in his living room we have the following:

1 x 42" Panasonic Plasma 1080p
1 x 42" Toshiba (I think) LCD

These are both sat next to each other. Below them on the rather wide tv stand (ikea bookshelf on its side which works surprisingly well):

1 x PS3 Slim (which has just replaced my old 40Gb which is still knocking around somewhere. This outputs to the plasma tv.
1 x Media PC with Blu-Ray player that outputs to the LCD TV.
1 x Hi-Fi for surround sound goodness (from the LCD).

While this is hardly the best set-up for gamers (considering there's only one console), there's nothing quite like playing Fifa or MW2 while watching a TV show or film, both right next to each other on 42" screens.

In fact, this may disgust you all, but Warhunt (a Freeola staff member) brought his PS3 round the other week and we were playing split-screen MW2 on 2 TVs!

We also have a couple of PCs and a few monitors in the same room, so you can understand why we never need to turn the heating on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.