GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Making your PC reconnect to the net automatically when cut off....Help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/01 at 19:46
Regular
Just wondering if anyone knows how to make your PC recconnect to the net automatically when you get cut off. With BtInternet (who suck) I get cut off every 2 hours which is no good if I want to leave my PC connected to the web overnight. Any ideas? Thanks.
Sat 21/07/01 at 00:40
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Hey Darkus, seeing as your a staff member, maybe you should try and push Freeola into getting a Monthly sErvice :o). £8 a Month of peak, £10-£15 for 24/7.

Just an idea...
Sat 21/07/01 at 00:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have a lease line so I have no problems, but Darkus, I think I may have a solution, use what TBN said and also before that try using a version of Netscape if you are downloading, and sometimes mouse inactivity is the case so simply get one of those easy Prody Parrot screenmates who moves the icon around and keeps the computer active.

There you go....hopefully..

If all else fails, GET THE HELL OF BT!
Sat 21/07/01 at 00:12
I use the Telewest dialup it ain't bad at times at others it can be a pain depends how busy the phonelines are.

Could be an idea going for their broadband connection thinking about it myself. Know a couple of people who have it and swear by it.
Sun 15/07/01 at 18:10
Regular
"..."
yeah yeah....! :)
Sun 15/07/01 at 11:29
Regular
"How Handy."
www.blueyonder.co.uk
Sun 15/07/01 at 03:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Don't you know what a search engine is?

Jeez, some people are so lazy...

:-D
Sun 15/07/01 at 00:38
Regular
"..."
Bonus wrote:
> Darkus, check out Telewest if they are in your area. If you decide
> to give it a go for £25 a month then you can get the
> installation for £25 quid if you get someone to refer you.
> And that person gets a months bill free (Like me maybe :)!!!!!)

Sounds good to me! have you got a url for them or a phone number..? cheers :)
Sat 14/07/01 at 23:31
Regular
Darkus, check out Telewest if they are in your area. If you decide to give it a go for £25 a month then you can get the installation for £25 quid if you get someone to refer you. And that person gets a months bill free (Like me maybe :)!!!!!)
Sat 14/07/01 at 23:04
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Getright does the same thing - you can schedule it to download files and it will reconnect when you get booted. I don't think there's a program that will do it to keep you connected 24/7 on a dialup, but i don't spose there's really much need for it at dial-up speeds - you can't run a server or anything at that speed.
Sat 14/07/01 at 19:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I take it you're downloading? Well get Download Accelarator. When it gets cut off it requests a DUN, so if you check "Connect automatically" in the DUN then that should work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.