GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'The Rock' best action film ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/01 at 18:53
Regular
In 1996 the world was stunned, with possibly the best ever action film to be made. Fans from many countries have watched the Rock directed by Michael Bay, and starring the world’s best American actor Nicolas Cage and the best ever-British actor Sean Connery worldwide. Hans Zimmer, who has also written music for Gladiator, composes the amazing soundtrack to the film. The film has everything it needs to be a good action film. It is a mixture of fighting, car chasing and killing.

The film takes place at the Alcatraz prison in San Francisco. Terrorists have taken over Alcatraz prison, and threaten to launch deadly missiles at San Francisco is their demands are not met. They demand that all families who had loved ones killed in operation Desert Storm have compensation for the hard time they have gone through. The missiles are filled with a deadly VX gas that can kill thousands of people with just one missile. It is up to Stanley Goodspeed (Cage) and John Mason (Connery) to stop the launch of the missiles. Goodspeed is a bio – chemical expert that works for the FBI, he knows everything there is about the VX Gas. Mason is an ex – cellmate of The Rock, he was formerly a member of the British SAS, he was sent on a mission to retrieve Top Secret American files. These files contained information like the JFK assassination and the Roswell landing. Mason escaped from Alcatraz in his early days but was caught. He is on the mission because he knows the layout of the prison like nobody else. The only hope there is for the stop of the missiles is up to Goodspeed and Mason.

The story and news, all shows that the film is amazing, what do you think about the film?
Mon 16/07/01 at 11:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
fanks
Mon 16/07/01 at 11:37
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Nicholas Cage looks like he's peering into the back of a
> spoon.

Strange looking fella.
Hairy too.

As always the Goat-ster adds to the thread with panache, wit, intelligence and, above all, something relevant to the initial post. Well done!

:-)
Mon 16/07/01 at 11:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nicholas Cage looks like he's peering into the back of a spoon.

Strange looking fella.
Hairy too.
Mon 16/07/01 at 11:27
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Nah, can't say I really enjoyed The Rock at all, I much prefer Hard Boiled.

...Or the classic......Commando, starring good ol' Arnie :)

./Steve
Mon 16/07/01 at 11:07
Regular
"not dead"
I like the Rock, I went to see it in the cinema upon it's release back in 1996.

I happened to start working in a hotel shortly after this, and was living on site, and The Rock was one of the 'movies of the month', shown to staff for free, so I watched this dozens of times, because it was simple mindless fun.

Yep, I love The Rock.

Especially as I hate movies with 'cool' Navy SEALs that go beat the enemy, cos they so cool.

I loved it when they all got shot.

Cage and Connery worked well together. It was a fun movie.
Sat 14/07/01 at 17:48
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
> best American actor Nicolas Cage and the best ever-
> British actor Sean Connery

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

Now, the thread's title is pushing it - but we'll leave room for personal preferences. However, I struggle to believe that even Cage's own Mum would call him the "best American actor". While he is quite good (though not my cup of tea) there are so many others so far ahead of him, Phillip Seymour Hofman probably being my choice for the most consistent yet versitile bloke around.

However - Connery? If his Mum was blind and deaf and was unaware of what films were she wouldn't suggest he's the greatest Brit actor of all time.

Just don't do it kids.
Sat 14/07/01 at 17:31
'Buffylover105' yes The Matrix is an amazing movie, but I agrea that 'The Rock' is the best action movie ever.
Sat 14/07/01 at 13:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Oh it's a comedy. I thought it was an action film.

It's a bit of both really.
Sat 14/07/01 at 11:42
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh it's a comedy. I thought it was an action film.
Sat 14/07/01 at 11:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> No. What's it about?

HArd to explain, it's damn funny though!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.