GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Its Pathetic.."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/01 at 12:03
Regular
Walking to into a games store the other day I noticed a huge amount of GBA asscories. As I walked towards the items I realised that all had been suited to the GBA’s colour and wondered what all of them were about.

So, I browsed through the range (which was higher in number then actual games released) and I noticed something by ‘Mad Catz’ called the ‘Rollcage’. I had always remembered ‘Mad Catz’ for making the most useless gaming peripherals but when I saw this I was amazed. I picked up the packaging and gazed at it wondering what the hell it was!

I moved the packaging from side to side and then turned to the back of the box where I realised that this was designed to stop you GBA breaking when falling on the ground. The item had two large metal bars which stucked out the front of your GBA and when it falls on the fall it just rolls as the ‘Rollcage’ says. But is it just me or is this the most stupid, useless gaming peripheral ever? One thing is, its funny!

You would think that after years of experience ‘Mad Catz’ would build decent and inventive items but no, they make the most stupid thing I have ever seen. I have worked out that if you buy all the ‘Mad Catz’ stupid peripherals then your GBA will look much like a PC. Honestly, all these add on's make your small, light portable pal a large, heavy PC.

When I had my GBC I got this peripheral with it which strapped onto it, had two stereo speakers and huge magnifier and a joystick, which broke. I never used it. My GBC looked like a gadget you would see in a 1960’s film trying to make out the future.

This is not the future and whoever gave permission for all these useless items to be made needs to think again, I wonder if they have ever realised what they are making. One thing for sure, they do not enhance your gaming experiences one bit.

Everyone who owns a GBA keep your portable pal happy and don’t stick a mahoosive gizmo on him, he won’t like it, honestly.
Sat 14/07/01 at 21:47
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Just read about the "Mad Catz" controller that sends electrical impulses through your body, it's a great idea! Before this idea was around, you would sometimes find yourself playing a multiplayer game against somebody who is putting a half-hearted attempt into playing it and making it boring for you. But now this controller will make them want to pay attention and play properly because they know that failure to win will result in ELECTRICUTION!
Sat 14/07/01 at 21:37
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
There isn't exactly much that can get broken on a GBC! Its basically a bullet proof box! The screen is probably the riskiest bit 'cos it could crack...... Or the cover to the batteries could fall off!!
Sat 14/07/01 at 21:22
Regular
I've dropped my GBC before.....

My friend dropped his down the stairs!

However they are in perfect working order....
Sat 14/07/01 at 21:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'll tell you what makes me laugh though, it's that the person who designed the protector thing probably got payed absolutely bucket loads of cash for it!!
Sat 14/07/01 at 20:20
"Uzi Lover"
To make it worse, say I wanted a steering wheel:

I would go to buy one and find many different ones, many which are a load of *censored* and work like *censored*!

My advice, go for offical items.
Sat 14/07/01 at 07:41
Regular
"DS..."
exactly my point, how many of you have EVER dropped your GBA?.....come on there must be at least one of you....no? there! problem solved! no one drops their GBA's so we don't need any useless peripherals like the rollcage!
slik !_!
Fri 13/07/01 at 20:19
"Uzi Lover"
rik-rik wrote:
> I think its useless. What would happen if you dropped your GBA on
> its side, its not going to be protected. Its also too big and ugly,
> probably the most stupid perpherial i've ever seen.

The question is, when do we ever drop our handhelds? I haven't dropped my GBA yet and I have never dropped my GBC!

It amazes me that the designers of these kinds of products think we can't handle the handheld well enough (though it is made to suit for comfort) and that they just aren't good enough, they need add ons!

Not true.
Fri 13/07/01 at 20:16
"Uzi Lover"
It seems as though some handheld add on's have been taking into the extreme.

Whats the most useless item you have seen or even own?
Fri 13/07/01 at 19:19
And that PS2 controller that sends electrical impulses through your body.
Fri 13/07/01 at 19:16
Even though it seems to be a useless piece of junk - mad Catz aren't all bad. They make some pretty decent Dreamcast Controllers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.