GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please all read."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/01 at 11:54
Regular
I have found evidence of people copying reviews from another site. Once again the person in question is Kermitboy. His microsoft train simulator review on 28/6/01
has a remarkable simularity to one i found on the game power website. www.*********************.com, i tried to paste the URL here but when you used it it would not link to the site.

I don't know if Tony is aware of this or not, as the review has not been removed from the site.

Thanks for reading.
Fri 13/07/01 at 23:42
yeah maybe. but they could always create a new person (not by just changing there name)
Fri 13/07/01 at 23:34
Thats not punishment, its not easy to win. A warning and being told youll be banned permanently if you do it again would be enough.
Fri 13/07/01 at 23:31
Cheating should reslut in a ban so you can't win a gad for a week
Fri 13/07/01 at 22:57
Its disgusting but Im sure that SpecialReserve can check it out and if they find its copied disciplin Kermitboy.
Fri 13/07/01 at 22:52
And claim it as my own!
Fri 13/07/01 at 22:52
I agree. If I had written a review on another site that I felt would be good to put on this site, I would copy it. But I wouldn't even think about copying other people's work onto this site!
Fri 13/07/01 at 22:32
"I love yo... lamp."
It is not fair for other people to copy reviews. I would maybe copy one of my OWN reviews off of another site but no one elses. And it would be even more unfair if someone else won a prize because of it. In fact if you take things to the extreme it is copyright infringement. As it would be on another computer you could prove that the copier had stolen your idea. And some times ideas can make people a lot of money.
Fri 13/07/01 at 20:47
Regular
I think it's fair enough if members have copied their OWN reviews from other sites....

however I think Kermit here has been cheating...
Fri 13/07/01 at 16:22
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
I say death, death to all of the copying newbies. Sorry when I say newbies it is because all of thje people I have seen caught for copying have been NEWBIES. Damn them even though I once was one too.

(;o|
Fri 13/07/01 at 13:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Weird wonder wrote:
> I reckon that it is wrong for somebody to copy other peoples reviews
> for they have worked hard to write those reviews and have effort
> into making them for the benefit of others and not for some other
> person to steal their ideas for reviews!

Yeah i totally agree, and think thats why it is against the rules.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.