GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Singstar! Even better then Eyetoy!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Singstar'.
Mon 24/05/04 at 11:21
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I don't know how I missed this, it's absolute genius. We were playing it all weekend...

It's got two microphones that plug in to a single USB socket, the other one can be used for the eyetoy. 30 songs, you sing along and it rates you on how well you are hitting the notes. The eyetoy films you at discrete moments, meaning I got to watch myself doing air guitar to 'Ace of Spades'...

It also records your performances which can be played back with voice effects and saved to memory card... the real vocal track can be muted so it's just you singing.

Another PS2 must buy!
Fri 11/06/04 at 15:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's totally the best for doing the duet style play... allows for some great mid-song improvisation.

e.g. from Dido

Player 1 - "Shall I push the door? Shall I push the door?"

PLayer 2 - "No! I ain't hooooome yet!"

(all together)

"Push the door, I'm home at last!"
Fri 11/06/04 at 15:05
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
AliBoy wrote:
> Tried to get the multiplayer stuff going today and the red mic
> wouldn't work, tried swapping them over and all the other stuff the
> manual said but it still wouldn't work.
> Phoned up sony's customer service and they said I need to contact
> SR.
>
> Sending it off to their returns department tomorrow to get a
> replacement.
>
> I've also realised just how badly one can sing.

You must have got a dodgy mic. We have a scream on ours. My middle daughter who is 10 sounds like a strangled cat but gets the highest score. Strange.
Fri 11/06/04 at 00:34
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Tried to get the multiplayer stuff going today and the red mic wouldn't work, tried swapping them over and all the other stuff the manual said but it still wouldn't work.
Phoned up sony's customer service and they said I need to contact SR.

Sending it off to their returns department tomorrow to get a replacement.

I've also realised just how badly one can sing.
Wed 09/06/04 at 13:00
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
be§§ant™ wrote:
> i went around a mates house once and he told me to play on his ps2 for
> 20min while he went out.
>
> i played on the eyetoy for a while checked around his files and found
> something disturbing.

Well what did you find in his files???
Wed 09/06/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Got this this morning from a recent GAD win and its a good laugh, bit too many pop crapy songs in there but there are a few that make it enjoyable enough.

Need to get some mates over and some drink before we see how good it really is though. :-)
Tue 01/06/04 at 13:17
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Which was? Did he have a moment of self love with special effects added? :D
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:11
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i went around a mates house once and he told me to play on his ps2 for 20min while he went out.

i played on the eyetoy for a while checked around his files and found something disturbing...
Tue 01/06/04 at 11:41
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
i bought it for my sister!
butlate at night i wake up to play it.
Tue 01/06/04 at 11:19
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I've started saving a lot of my replays onto the HDD... there's some classic moments on there. One of my mates decided to break out into the bridge from 'Round Round' when singing the bridge from 'Suspicious Minds'... it's amazing how well it fits ;-)

And the freedom to sing whatever words you want makes for some entertaining playback, especially with baby voices turned on.
Tue 01/06/04 at 00:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Saw this in action at a friends house earlier.
Looks like it could be a lot of fun but as was mentioned it does look like it could get a bit boring and repetitive after a while.

Would be excellent if there was an online mode to download new songs to sing too just to increase the longterm playability of the game.

Still if I had the money I would be getting this as it did look like plenty of fun when a few mates are around and the beers are flowing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.