GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deus Ex 2 - any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deus Ex 2: Invisible War'.
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:44
Regular
"relocated"
I was going to get this for the PC but I just broke my graphics card and can't afford another one. So does the Xbox version suffer by comparison? I loved the first game so I don't want to get a substandard version.
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:44
Regular
"relocated"
I was going to get this for the PC but I just broke my graphics card and can't afford another one. So does the Xbox version suffer by comparison? I loved the first game so I don't want to get a substandard version.
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:47
Regular
They both suffered as bad as each other at first however a patch and a texture pack are available for the PC version so it no longer runs like sh**t on £2000 PC's.

Still a complete shadow on the classic original though, why they had to screw around with it I don't know.
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If it's like the first one, don't bother. The 'freedom of choice', which was the main selling point, was that you could move chairs and flowerpots. I couldn't believe that first level on the Statue of Liberty when I walked round the first corner and there were two of the enemy, just standing there, right in front of me and that bloke you talk to, and they didn't do a thing. It was crap.

Haven't played the sequel though.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:52
Regular
It's a beautifully made classic, yer nana. Besides, kernal said in the original post that he loved the first which kind of makes your post redundant.

Anyhow, the sequel ain't as good but it's still really enjoyable with an advanced level of freedom and improved FPS dynamics. The new menu system takes a bit of getting used to, and you can't carry quite as much stuff, but it's pretty simple and works well.

Once you push past the first city, in turns into an absolute masterpiece. It's very much worth it.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:55
Regular
It's no where near as good because they clearly developed it for the Xbox and then ported it to the PC. It could have been a classic like the awesome first outing but instead I just wanted to finish it, rather than wishing the areas would never end.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:59
Regular
It's amazing how folk ask a question and the immediate replies move away from what the original poster wanted to know.

As for your question, no, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference. I played the xbox version over a friend's house, they both still run in a rather twitch y manner, but no noticeable differences. In fact, I'd say it's marginally less irritating as the loading screens don't switch resolutions on the Xbox. while n the pc it momentarily moves to desktop
Mon 24/05/04 at 18:07
Regular
I'd say you clearly haven't played the patched PC version with texture upgrade.
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:07
Regular
Yea the Xbox version is very choppy. Personally I think an FPS needs a smooth framerate due to the pace of the action.
Thu 27/05/04 at 10:20
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I havent played it on the pc but the xbox version is really good. Buy a back catalogue of OXM (official xbox magazine) the one with the demo of it.... it was issue 26.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.