GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"can someone tell me?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/05/00 at 12:49
Regular
what is this new game boy advance all about? I don't know and I would be very grateful if someone could tell me. I want to buy a gameboy, because of Pokemon stadium and so on, + other transfer pak games, and I want to know whether I should wait for the avdvance to come out. Can I play old games on the new gameboy A? And has it got the same power as the PS has?
Tue 01/08/00 at 11:20
Regular
"Back in black"
the gameboy advance is a 32-bit handheld gameboy. it may possibly be a bit bigger than an n64 conrtoller, it will be able to play gameboy games on it but it may be a while before it comes out in the shops, so you may want to buy a gameboy color for now.
Wed 31/05/00 at 18:51
Fogmaster wrote:
> cheers ricco, thats all I wanted to know, I will wait for the GB
> advance then, it sounds alot better.

Can I just say that SNES conversions may be a bit hard because I've heard that the GB Advance probably won't have as many buttons.
Tue 30/05/00 at 22:48
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
cheers ricco, thats all I wanted to know, I will wait for the GB advance then, it sounds alot better.
Tue 30/05/00 at 19:21
Fogmaster wrote:
> what is this new game boy advance all about? I don't know and I
> would be very grateful if someone could tell me. I want to buy a
> gameboy, because of Pokemon stadium and so on, + other transfer
> pak games, and I want to know whether I should wait for the
> avdvance to come out. Can I play old games on the new gameboy A?
> And has it got the same power as the PS has?

The Game Boy Advance as it is currently know is basically a trumped up portable snes but with more power, it will be able to handle a perfect translation of yoshi's story on th n64. It will be able to play all previous gameboy software, but you will need a little box to use the infra-red transfer for certain gameboy color games. At the moment lt lokes like the machine will play host to numerous "dx" versions of snes classics such as street fighter 2 with improved graphics and stuff much like zelda dx and tetris dx on the gameboy dx. As for equaling the power of the PS no, it will handle 3d but only in the same form as super fx games such as starfox on the snes, but the processer is 32bit like the playstaion. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to respond.
Sat 27/05/00 at 12:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
what is this new game boy advance all about? I don't know and I would be very grateful if someone could tell me. I want to buy a gameboy, because of Pokemon stadium and so on, + other transfer pak games, and I want to know whether I should wait for the avdvance to come out. Can I play old games on the new gameboy A? And has it got the same power as the PS has?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.