GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"- City of Heroes! -"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'City Of Heroes'.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:58
"Majestic"
City of Heroes looks like my next MMORPG buy.
Unlike the other MMO's out there City of Heroes contains no goblins, skeletons or elves! Instead this game will but you in the shoes of any desired Hero of your childhood dreams. If you can think of it, you can be it...

A flying super hero, who can control the weather, and wears a tight leather suit? Check!

A wheelchair wielding hero, who has veins of iron? (Timmargh maybe?)Probably!

Is anybody else interested in this game? If so, or even if not - what’s your;
Super-hero alter ego?

That will be all.
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:04
"Majestic"
Dear God wrote:
> Cites Of Villains should be an add on.

It is an add on. Villains will rob banks, steel jewls, and cause chaos. Its up to the heros to stop them causing crimes, so Player Verus Player comes into it. It sounds ace.

But i wouldent hold your breath, it doesnt look like they are coming over hear in the distant future :(

A recent interview read:

Do you have any idea when the game is likely to make it to UK shores officially?

NCsoft does not have plans to release the game in Europe in the near future.

To see the whole interview [URL]http://www.paninicomics.co.uk/minisites/newsreviews/CoHinterview_090304.htm[/URL] The UK questions are at the bottom.

*wishes*
Wed 26/05/04 at 21:17
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Cites Of Villains should be an add on. Or at least you should be able to play COH against COV if you know what I mean. Like 1000 on 1000 team deathmatch.
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:59
"Majestic"
Defiantly worth a try. Its one of those pick up and play MMORPG's - you don't have to spend hours on it. Which i like.
Wed 26/05/04 at 15:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> >You can buy it from America now, don't know the
> developers plans for a European release, so far I've heard nothing.
>
> SR are taking Pre-orders...

Ah, good. Last time I looked on the official web site it made no mention of a European release, though I could have gotten that confused with the Pirates of the Burning Sea MMORPG. Either way, this has got to be one mmorpg I'll have to try.
Wed 26/05/04 at 15:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
mattributé wrote:
> They're planning a City of Villains, apparently.

Sorted
Tue 25/05/04 at 19:50
"Majestic"
cipro wrote:
>You can buy it from America now, don't know the
> developers plans for a European release, so far I've heard nothing.

SR are taking Pre-orders...
Tue 25/05/04 at 18:31
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> be§§ant™ wrote:
> what the hell is a MMORPG?
>
> Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game
>
>
> I think that's it...
>
> Nah, that's it ;-D

Oh right, forgot about the O!
Tue 25/05/04 at 15:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
They're planning a City of Villains, apparently.
Tue 25/05/04 at 13:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Lipe wrote:
> be§§ant™ wrote:
> what the hell is a MMORPG?
>
> Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game
>
>
> I think that's it...

Nah, that's it ;-D

I've not read much on city of hero's but I must admit, I'm intrigued. Just the thought of battling it out in a huge city as one of thousands of super hero's against armies of evil minions, it actually sounds quite fun and a nice change from magic, mythical fantasy and cat people.

From what I’ve seen so far though, no one can actually play a super villain which I think is an opportunity missed, but one that can be lived without. You can buy it from America now, don't know the developers plans for a European release, so far I've heard nothing.
Mon 24/05/04 at 21:30
"Majestic"
Its looking mighty good:
IGN [URL]http://pc.ign.com/objects/017/017108.html?fromint=1[/URL]
Or a review from Gamespot [URL]http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/cityofheroes/index.html[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.