GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simpsons DVD Season 1 Boxset Region 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 20:51
Regular
Just announced today by Fox, The Simpsons 3 Disc Dvd Boxset of all 13 Season 1 episodes will be released on the 24 the September at a price of £39.99.

Hopefully Play247.com will have it at the same price as the Region 1 version of £17.99.

It will be released one day before it is released in the US and it will be identical to the US disc in the special features department.

Source: http://www.dvdreview.co.uk
Sat 21/07/01 at 16:01
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I'm guessing there isn't much Play247 can do about it. The price for the R1 box set is exceptionally good - probably a combination of their huge bulk buying and the fact that the R1 price will naturally be lower than the R2 one. Fox is the ones your wanting to blame (I'm guessing it is them distributing the disks).
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:32
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
Play247.com have finally added The Simpsons - The Complete Series 1 (3 Disc Boxset) on the site for R2 but for the pitiful price of £33.99.

I had so much faith in them in pulling out all the stops to make it at least a lot cheaper than that but it seems not to be the case this time.

Perhaps SR will take notice of this and perhaps offer it to us at perhaps £19.99 or thereabouts otherwise my order on Play247.com for the R1 version at a great price of £17.99 will remain intact.
Tue 17/07/01 at 14:53
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
He's not wrong you know. However it is a common misconception, but if you think about it youy can easily come to the correct conclusion yourself. THe States is picking up HDTV quickly - do you think they would be that happy if there DVDs outputted to it in the same quality as their TV? Wouldn't be good, would it. Therefore you can probably come to the conclusion (and you'd be right) that it is the current stanrard NTSC TV restricting the quality of the picture and not the DVD.

Remembering of course that that picture quality on the Simpsons DVD won't be that wonderful anyway - rmembering it comes form an animated TV show. Taken for granted that theere will be no picture damage.
Sun 15/07/01 at 21:33
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
gord19 wrote:
> I mean R2 is better picture quality than R1
> in the first place isn't it?

No.

pb explained this in a bit of detail ages ago but I'll give a very short version.

There is no difference in the DVDs themselves. PAL output IS better than NTSC but that is to do with the player, not the disc.
Fri 13/07/01 at 19:44
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
My DVD player is a LG - DVD 3350E (multi-regional from day 1).

I think you are right in thinking that it may be quite hard to knock of £20 or more to match their R1 price ... but there is no harm in hoping is there? I mean R2 is better picture quality than R1 in the first place isn't it?
Fri 13/07/01 at 12:31
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
To be honest - why bother? Just pick up the Region One version for £17.99. (Assuming you're multi-region - what sort of player have you got?).

While I'm sure they'll be able to knock a bit off the £39.99 price tag there's no way they'll be able to match the R1 price - even when you compare they're R1 price against other R1 retailers like Amazon they are miles "ahead". It seems to be an exceptionally good deal they are doing with that one.
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:51
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
Just announced today by Fox, The Simpsons 3 Disc Dvd Boxset of all 13 Season 1 episodes will be released on the 24 the September at a price of £39.99.

Hopefully Play247.com will have it at the same price as the Region 1 version of £17.99.

It will be released one day before it is released in the US and it will be identical to the US disc in the special features department.

Source: http://www.dvdreview.co.uk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.