GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Backing Easier Games.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/05/04 at 17:36
Regular
"^_^"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/sci_tech/newsid_3750000/3750107.stm[/URL]

Thats just silly, if games were easier then playing them would be shorter which is less value for money. Crazy.
Wed 26/05/04 at 17:36
Regular
"^_^"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/sci_tech/newsid_3750000/3750107.stm[/URL]

Thats just silly, if games were easier then playing them would be shorter which is less value for money. Crazy.
Wed 26/05/04 at 17:39
Regular
As opposed to not completing a game and leaving it on the shelf, knowing that you have x percent left but can't get past an objective?
Wed 26/05/04 at 17:40
Regular
"^_^"
Teal'c wrote:
> As opposed to not completing a game and leaving it on the shelf,
> knowing that you have x percent left but can't get past an objective?

Its a difficult thing, making a game which you can complete but doesn't get boring in the process. However, if games are too easy, then it would be pointless... surely.
Wed 26/05/04 at 18:16
Regular
FS.

I got Metroid: Zero Mission today, played it for 1 hour 15 minutes and I'm 70% through, and no it isn't on easy.

Games are already too damn short and easy, it won't be long before my dog can complete the next Mario game.

The only thing sadder than this is the fact you're looking at the Newsround site...
Wed 26/05/04 at 18:46
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
this is just stupid, games released nowadays are much too easy anyway. You sometimes get one of the select few games that actually take a long time to complete, whilst still remaining fun to play, but mostly they are much too easy.

The supposed "simple" games of the past have quite often been the most difficult I have ever played...especially the old NES games.
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I have an idea: How about putting easy, normal and hard difficulty settings in games?
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Anyone else think that this is just a way of making games more accessable to casual gamers?
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:12
Regular
Of course it is. Easier and shorter can be beneficial to players and developers - less chance of the project going astray as hopefully it should mean more time can be spent on other things, or even shorter release dates inbetween games. Another words, more games from developers in the same amount of time.

Remember most people who own consoles nowadays actually need to work, and use their other spare time for other things. When you think about it, there isn't much time left over for games.
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:14
Regular
Of course, I understand your point of view; I'm a regualr games player myself (which isn't surprising given what I do as a living), and I too find games easy to complete; but then I am known to play 2-3 hours straight on many days of the week. Bear in mind a lot of folk don't have the time teenagers and young adults do.
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:37
Regular
": ("
Parr wrote:
> [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/sci_tech/newsid_3750000/3750107.stm[/URL]
>
> Thats just silly, if games were easier then playing them would be
> shorter which is less value for money. Crazy.

I kind of agree with that guy, but if they do that they will have to either offer downloadable levels and stuff (well, maybe not for the Cube)or make the games cheaper because whats the point playying a game your gonna complete in hours. You might as well rent it out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.