GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is aol broadband capped?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/05/04 at 03:37
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
hi all

just wondering if anyones Know's if aol cap they're broadband users.
I'm curently on 512 ADSL
Fri 04/06/04 at 06:29
Regular
Cooked Ham wrote:
> I'm a bit surprised at all the abuse AOL is getting here.
> What little problems you may have, they will patiently sort out on
> their Free Phone line, or send a detailed e-mail.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!EIGHTYTWOPOINT6

AOL Customer Service is possibly the worst I have ever encountered. They are extremely incompetent, screw up like nobody else and have some of the rudest/dumbest advisors on the planet! The onl yperson to say good things about AOL would be an employee of theirs...

*looks accusingly in CH's direction*

> If anyone knows of a provider that can guarantee a constant speed,
> and no disconnections, then please do us all a favour and Post their
> name here.

BT, Pipex, Bulldog - I know off-hand, I've also heard good things about the other, smaller providers (I forget names). The only ones to have regular disconnections were Freeserve and AOL - Why do you think they created the auto-redialler? If they didn't have a serious disconnection problem, there would be no need for such a tool.

> Incidentally, AOL offer a lot of extras, and are probably one of the
> more secure ones against viruses etc...

AOL secure against virii? Me laugh, muchly. I swear, hand on heart (or as close to it as possible), I had the most problems, the most virii and the most re-installs of my life during my time with AOL. Their protection systems are useless, as are the company.

Some people like them though, and I can't for the life in me, understand why...
Fri 04/06/04 at 03:23
Regular
I'm a bit surprised at all the abuse AOL is getting here.
What little problems you may have, they will patiently sort out on their Free Phone line, or send a detailed e-mail.

If anyone knows of a provider that can guarantee a constant speed, and no disconnections, then please do us all a favour and Post their name here.

Incidentally, AOL offer a lot of extras, and are probably one of the more secure ones against viruses etc...
Sun 30/05/04 at 20:32
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
Thanks to everyone who has replied to this topic. Dedhed
Fri 28/05/04 at 06:17
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> Where's their UK base? My Dad gets about forty interent CDs a
> day, so it should be a good laugh!

I haven't a clue I'm afraid, but it would be a damn good idea to do a campaign like that over here :D
Thu 27/05/04 at 22:30
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Hahah, I'm up for it.

But seriously, think how many rainforests have been chopped down from the packaging and little booklets you get with them because of AOL.
Thu 27/05/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Heh, I read somewhere that somebody in the States started a campaign
> to gather up millions of AOL CDs and dump them outside the front door
> of AOL HQ.
>
> Wish I was there to see the CEO's face :D

Where's their UK base? My Dad gets about forty interent CDs a day, so it should be a good laugh!
Thu 27/05/04 at 21:26
"Majestic"
Dedhed wrote:
> Thanks for ur ideas but im in contract for another 6 months or so.

I managed to breech my contract, and i had 8 months remaining. I'll be on Pipex in another couple of days :)

Ring up AOL, tell them your broadband cuts you off. Every time they give you a solution, tell them you've done that ;) eventually they will give up, and perform a line check, your line will obviously be fine, then they have no option but to cut you lose from your contract. It will take you a good 3 hours on the phone, but look at the money and the hassle you will save.

A genuine [I]Discodexy tip

And yes, it worked for me :D
Thu 27/05/04 at 12:10
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
Thanks for ur ideas but im in contract for another 6 months or so. Guess i'll just have to wait untill then to change my provider.Who would you recommend? By the way, what is it that makes AOL so bad it is the only ISP that ive ever used and its always worked fine for me but then again i dont know any better as ive never tried another ISP.
Thu 27/05/04 at 11:54
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I have AOL.

Probably the worst service provider in the world.
Thu 27/05/04 at 08:10
Regular
Heh, I read somewhere that somebody in the States started a campaign to gather up millions of AOL CDs and dump them outside the front door of AOL HQ.

Wish I was there to see the CEO's face :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.