GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube's Sucessor At E3 2005?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/05/04 at 21:15
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/gba/news/news_6099430.html[/URL]

Well, I'm kind of disappointed, seeing as Nintendo had a great E3 this year, showcasing titles like "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes" and the video preview of the next "Legend Of Zelda" game. If this is true, it probably means these will be the last big titles to hit the 'Cube, but then again, the 'Cube's successor will probably be released 2006/2007, so I guess there is life still in the Gamecube.

Your Views?
Fri 28/05/04 at 12:41
Regular
I'd agree Edgy, with a console due at the end of the year a Spaceworld is a fine idea.

PS3 March 2006.
Fri 28/05/04 at 12:41
Regular
I'd agree Edgy, with a console due at the end of the year a Spaceworld is a fine idea.

PS3 March 2006.
Fri 28/05/04 at 10:13
Regular
Whatever happens, it's guaranteed that both Nintendo and Microsoft won't be letting Sony get another head start!

Spaceworld = very good idea
Fri 28/05/04 at 10:09
Regular
It would benefit Nintendo a lot more to do a Spaceworld show this year to show off their final version DS and maybe show off the N5 without giving any actual specs away (to Sony, Microsoft)

It would boost confidence in the gamers and show they're on schedule for a 2006 console launch.
Fri 28/05/04 at 09:37
Regular
Yup, the Next Generation is looming. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 companies showcased their new machines at next year's show. The current crop still have a lot of life in them, and the full potential will definitely be used in all the consoles.
Thu 27/05/04 at 23:20
Regular
If the Gamecube successor isn't show at E3 2005 I'd be worried.

Get over it, that's the way of the gaming world. If Nintendo had the money to wait their release out then they'd do it.
Thu 27/05/04 at 22:37
Regular
Why I wanted a Gamecube:

Games like Perfect Dark and Conker couldn't be handled by the N64 no more and suffered on framerate.
Also, cartriges meant extortionate prices.

Reason to want another Nintendo console?
None.

There's nothing the Gamecube can't do and there's everything that hasn't yet been done with it.
Thu 27/05/04 at 21:48
"Majestic"
Stridman™ wrote:
> The Gamecube has just started.

Hehe true,

[Rant]
But what i cannot understand is all of you people looking into the crystal ball - and gazing into the futre. Why?
Why not enjoy what we have at the moment - and take everything in our stide? No point looking too far into things, because by the time it comes around, you won't be arsed - because you know everything about the damn thing that the'll be no suprises!

Stop been mystic meg, try and enjoy what you've got - and worry about it when it comes.
[/Rant]
Thu 27/05/04 at 21:16
Regular
": ("
The Gamecube has just started.
Thu 27/05/04 at 21:15
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/gba/news/news_6099430.html[/URL]

Well, I'm kind of disappointed, seeing as Nintendo had a great E3 this year, showcasing titles like "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes" and the video preview of the next "Legend Of Zelda" game. If this is true, it probably means these will be the last big titles to hit the 'Cube, but then again, the 'Cube's successor will probably be released 2006/2007, so I guess there is life still in the Gamecube.

Your Views?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.