GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How about a PS2 VGA box then?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 20:08
Regular
Hi guys, go easy on me, it's my first post okay?
Don't know if anyone else has thought about this, but wouldn't it be great if someone made a VGA box so you can play your PS2 through your PC monitor, like the Dreamcast one? I had one for my old dreamcast, and it was pretty damn impressive with the sharp, clear picture and sound through the Hi-Fi rather than the TV!
Wed 11/07/01 at 20:08
Regular
Hi guys, go easy on me, it's my first post okay?
Don't know if anyone else has thought about this, but wouldn't it be great if someone made a VGA box so you can play your PS2 through your PC monitor, like the Dreamcast one? I had one for my old dreamcast, and it was pretty damn impressive with the sharp, clear picture and sound through the Hi-Fi rather than the TV!
Wed 11/07/01 at 20:18
Suppose it depends what tv you're playing it on :) Might be good if anyone has an old monitor lying around but I'll stick with my 21' Tv for now.

Actaully Official PS2 mag in the latest issue has mention of Soy releasing some kind of screen for use with the HD and modem, suppose its to provide a higher resolution so internet sites will look okay.
Wed 11/07/01 at 20:41
"High polygon count"
There is such a thing - or at least there was.

Someone else mentioned this many months ago, and I posted the postal and web addresses of a company who made a PS2/DC/PC VGA box so that you could connect all three to one monitor.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the company or the addresses, and the advert hasn't appeared for a few months, so I don't know if they're still around.

If you have time, try looking through some of the older threads - old messages don't get deleted, so you should find it somewhere! :-)
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:16
Regular
Sony have shown an LCD screen with styling to suit the PS2, but have conformend that any monitor will ba able to connect to the PS2. Obviously they have found a work around for the problems which they encountered with HDTV and VGA outputs for this to be posible.
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:26
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Your adaptor for your Dreamcast should work, shoudnt it? a box that takes a scart tv signal and converts it to pc monitor signal, shouldnt be specific to the machine.
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
Whether it shows up the "major" problem Sony had with it's digital outputs is another thing though.
Fri 13/07/01 at 10:54
Would I need a PC connected to the monitor, or can I just hook up the PS2?

(When they invent onme) ;)
Fri 13/07/01 at 11:20
"High polygon count"
Just the PS2.
Sat 14/07/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The PC wouldn't be sharper anyway.
Sat 14/07/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The picture wouldn't be sharper anyway.

(sorry)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.