GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fog..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 20:01
Regular
The truth about Fog:

Fog, is a cloud of condensed water vapor in the form of water droplets. In our case this is a cloud of condensed posters in the form of Foggers. We all come together here on these forums, in a special kind of condensation. In extreme cases, this fog can be comprised of condensed ice crystals. This tends to be caused by cooler conditions, for example, when there are no elections taking place, or no extra competitions running. The lower density of the ice crystals can also be caused by exam pressure, often forcing many individual elements to disappear from time to time.

Usually, fog is suspended in the atmosphere, just above the surface of the earth. We live in an alternate version of this, which is in fact the selection of special reserve discussion boards. These are located just a few links away from the ukgames home page. These internet pages are capable of sustaining a large amount of Foggers.

In cities and industrial areas, fog often combines with smoke to produce a mixture called smog. This is a problem that has gripped our Fog by the throat. Where there are supporters of different consoles, for example: Sony fans and Nintendo fans in the same place, smoke is a product that always seems to form. Console wars erupt, producing this smoke, which all leads to smog forming. However, it has to be said that our Fog wouldn’t be the same without it.

Fog can be classified into four general types, each varying due to its method of formation. The four possible processes that lead to a foggy product are advection, radiation, upslope, and precipitation.

Advection fog is formed by currents of warmer, moist air passing over a colder area of land or water. Fog of this type is frequent in the winter when snow is on the ground. To the average Fogger, this takes place when a new “revolutionary” game for their console is about to be released. This new game will bring a wave of warm emotion into the now colder atmosphere of the older games. The advances in technology overlap with older versions causing this fog to be produced.

Radiation fog is formed only over land, and is caused by the cooling of the earth by radiation. For our Fog, this means that only the fog chat forum is involved. The radiation is in fact a series of messages sent out in the form of extra competitions, which excites the build up of more fog. At night, radiation lowers water temperature comparatively slowly, but land cools rapidly, becoming cooler than the air above it; consequently a fog is formed. This means that whilst you may expect the Fog to become quiet over night, it does in fact stay as busy as ever, as people work hard for new ideas to place in the latest competition. Such fog is seldom thick and usually burns off in the morning. Basically, the interest is short term, meaning that many competitions have taken place, but each one is forgotten as soon as the next one appears.

Upslope fog is formed when air is evenly cooled by its rising and expanding, for example, when a wind flows up a mountain slope. In our Fog, this is caused by hype. As a new console approaches, the excitement builds. More and more people talk about it, and the hype expands. It goes higher and higher, building ever larger, forming upslope fog.

Precipitation fog may form during a snowstorm or rainstorm, if the snow or rain passes through a layer of air that is cooler than the precipitation. This tends to occur with our Foggers when groups of newbies, full of excitement at the prospect of being part of the Fog experience, collide with regular or notable posters. They are forced to conform to the ways of their fellow posters, and precipitation fog is formed. Fog of this kind frequently occurs during the passage of warm fronts and cold fronts, when the surface air is markedly different in temperature from the upper air. Put into our terms, this means that when new adverts are distributed around the web, or in magazines, more waves of newbies approach, causing yet more fog.

Fog and mist, like clouds, can form only in the presence of dust particles. In other words, without the Foggers, and the Fog staff, we would not be a part of such a special place. Our Fog is always expanding, and it’s great to be here.
Sat 14/07/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I can't believe my Survival Horror post didn't win for the 11/7 !!!

Shocking... <<< Bonus Speak... ^_^
Sat 14/07/01 at 09:06
Regular
""
Hey Ssx pro you've won GAD with entry so I'm just keeping this at the top so you notice, I gotta go now so I hope you see this!
Sat 14/07/01 at 08:44
Regular
""
You deserved that Gameaday win and I hope you get the grades you want!
Sat 14/07/01 at 00:02
no you didn't dringo
Fri 13/07/01 at 23:55
Regular
I worked on my Difficulty post for 6 months, 6 MONTHS and you won instead...

Dringo crys

Ahh well try again!
Fri 13/07/01 at 23:51
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:
> What does it have to do wiv gaming?

It was about the forum itself, so I hoped it was acceptable to be placed there.

> I wanted my soul calibur review to win.

Sorry about that. You`ll do it next time don`t worry.

> Me and darkness think you copied it from
> a science book but good post.

Copying is against the rules. Its nice to see that my knowledge is doubted. Not only was it part of my A-levels and GCSEs, but also covered in detail during a meteorology course I did, so thanks a lot.

Also, why would a science book go on about our Fog? Its a strange post that no science book would ever want to publish.
Fri 13/07/01 at 22:35
"I love yo... lamp."
I have not seen much from you recently SSX. Where have you been?
Fri 13/07/01 at 22:15
Well done SSX
Fri 13/07/01 at 22:06
"I love yo... lamp."
Clever. I wonder who did science?
Fri 13/07/01 at 21:56
What does it have to do wiv gaming? I wanted my soul calibur review to win. but good post phil. Me and darkness think you copied it from a science book but good post. (:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.