GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saving my money vs. Disgaea"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/05/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
My fiance and I decided that we need to save money in order to pay off our overdrafts before out wedding in Sept 2005. This month we are not supposed to be buying anything thats not essential. However this morning He rang me at work to ask if he could buy a CD (@£12.99).

I didn't realise Disgaea: Hour of Darkness was out today, and I think I want it. I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy Tactics Advance at the moment, and if this game is a similar concept it would make an ideal console game to compliment the GBA.

I know that some of you have played it/imported it.. whatever. Do I need this game?
Fri 28/05/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
My fiance and I decided that we need to save money in order to pay off our overdrafts before out wedding in Sept 2005. This month we are not supposed to be buying anything thats not essential. However this morning He rang me at work to ask if he could buy a CD (@£12.99).

I didn't realise Disgaea: Hour of Darkness was out today, and I think I want it. I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy Tactics Advance at the moment, and if this game is a similar concept it would make an ideal console game to compliment the GBA.

I know that some of you have played it/imported it.. whatever. Do I need this game?
Fri 28/05/04 at 16:01
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Read the topic a few post's below. :D
Fri 28/05/04 at 16:04
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Disgaea vs Wedding

= Disgaea

If you've enjoyed Final Fantasy
then you'll love this.Twice as
much detail as any other game.
It has everything that an RPG
fan needs. I suggest buying it
Fri 28/05/04 at 16:26
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Disgaea lasts 800 hours

Wedding lasts 3 hours. Your choice. ;-)

Nah, only joking. If your budget is that tight then why don't you try and win it on GAD?
Fri 28/05/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Rosalind wrote:
> However this morning He rang me at work to ask if he could
> buy a CD (@£12.99).

Off topic I know but I can guess who wears the trousers in your house. Do you whip him regularly? ;)
Fri 28/05/04 at 23:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If he's going to be buying something then it's only fair you buy something for yourself as well, equal rights and all that :-D

However i am going to probably shock quite a few people in this forum and say save your money. I've been down this road before where i say i'm not going to buy anything for a whole month but end up popping into HMV only to have a browse but then end up buying some more japanese films. A £9.99 film soon turns into a £30 game and then keeps snowballing from there until eventually i've spent all my money and i'm back to zero again. It's much better not to keep slipping otherwise you'll find you'll never save enough for your wedding.

Plus there's also another good reason to wait a bit before popping up to the shops and buying Disgaea. The english gaming public are idiots, it's true. I will guarantee right now that within 2 weeks there'll be quite a few copies of Disgaea in the pre-owned section returned by retards who didn't think it had enough flashy lights or explosions to keep their very small brains entertained while they go off and buy Euro 2004 on the trade in value. However luckily for you, you are one of the few intelligent gamers and will be able to capitalise on their stupidity.

So i say if you really do want the game wait a couple of weeks and wait until it starts showing up in the pre-owned section. Hell, go up on Monday, there'll probably be one there already
Sat 29/05/04 at 07:24
Regular
hmmm.... I disagree, I dislike buying pre-owned games, especially when it's a Japanese game, call me what you want, but somehow I just love it when the postman brings me the last game that I ordered and I pop it out of the envelop, and I look at it's shiny surface-knowing that I'm the first one to be able to touch it "like that"- and I open the cd case and here that "click" as I open it, you know, when you use a game a lot, that sound "click" becomes weaker when time goes by, and when I hear it loud and clear for the first time it makes my heart hop up and down in my chest ! And the BEST part of it when I hold the game disc from the edges, and I always, I mean ALWAYS look at it's bottom (The shiny surface) and all the feelings of happines gather within me when I see that overwhelmed shimmer -knowing that it's never been read on a ps2 lens before- and when I pop it into the ps2, and watch the intro and choose the new game, deep inside, I feel happy that all this info is being read by MY ps2 for the 1st time.
Sat 29/05/04 at 08:44
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Are you by any chance a nobtard?
Sat 29/05/04 at 09:52
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
You are very very strange indeed SD.
Sat 29/05/04 at 10:53
Regular
That's my nature, I like everything original.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.