GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm sorry Nintendo..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/05/04 at 09:56
Regular
"Remember me?"
...for ever letting my Gamecube go. Not to worry though! As this week the postman (or maybe Shigsy himself if I play my cards / death threats right) shall be bringing moi the following uberliciously ubertastically uberous items...

Pokémon Colosseum Gamecube Pak
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I shall be sticking to Gamecube exclusives this time around; F-Zero GX, Harvest Moon and Custom Robo all taking my fancy. Huzzah, and all that malarkey!
Thu 03/06/04 at 16:26
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I take it due to your MSN absence, you have got it, Mr. Alby.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:04
Regular
Pandora it is then :D
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pandora Tommorrow > Splinter Cell 1

Multiplayer is slow and tense, if not particularly great, unless you win.

Single player isn't much more advanced, but is better.

Twin Snakes isn't fiddly at all. It's full of non-playing, but also full of playing, and is fantastic.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:00
Regular
And that's all I needed to know...

Sorry if I sound groucy my Girlfriend's giving me grief. Might need to borrow your axe.
Tue 01/06/04 at 17:58
Regular
I probably didn't play either enough - but what I did play, Pandora Tomorrow was superior.
Tue 01/06/04 at 17:38
Regular
So Pandora over the original yes?
Tue 01/06/04 at 17:32
Regular
Pandora Tomorrow is a good single player game.

The Live game (on Xbox) had potential but is only good for the hardcore gamers who don't want to enjoy social multiplayer gaming but want to play boring two on two matches with a steep learning curve.
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:42
Regular
Personally I found Twin Snakes a challenging little gem, sure too much cut scenes but that doesn't make the game bad just when you finally do get to play you are far more greatful for it.

I've never played an MGS title before though... and neither have I ever played a Splinter Cell game.

Maybe I should invest in Pandora Tomorrow... is it a vast improvement over the original?
Tue 01/06/04 at 10:17
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Edgy wrote:
> What put me off was the camera angles, the long 'communications'
> parts, the controls, and the game in general.

Indeed. The long comms was ok and so were the fantastic cut scenes (I defy you to not be impressed by the first ninja cutscene).

Anyways - I lived for this game when it came to PSX. It was all I wanted and all I played for two weeks.

I thought I would feel the same way for the cube. Unfortunately - after 2 hours of extreme frustration I gave it up. It was just too fiddly, inflexible and unintuitive.

I think games like Splinter Cell have moved the goalposts to be honest. SC on the PC is a very cool game and concept.

So-I wanted it to be good. I tried to give it a chance (I am about halfway through) but I can't be bothered anymore.

It goes back to the store. :~(
Tue 01/06/04 at 08:31
Regular
It was a wonderous game indeed.

I wondered why I bought it, for example :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.