GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ATTENTION- you too can win Gameaday simply by making up stuff!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 16:50
Regular
Gameaday winner Robaldo- how did you ever manage to win a Gameaday prize for your Knockout Kings cheats that don’t actually work!!
What’s going on? I post excellent cheats that work and everything! No-one gives me free games.
Do I hear conspiracy……
Anyone????
Wed 11/07/01 at 16:50
Gameaday winner Robaldo- how did you ever manage to win a Gameaday prize for your Knockout Kings cheats that don’t actually work!!
What’s going on? I post excellent cheats that work and everything! No-one gives me free games.
Do I hear conspiracy……
Anyone????
Wed 11/07/01 at 16:52
Regular
Um sounds like a conspiracy to corrupt the competition.
Wed 11/07/01 at 16:52
Regular
Do I hear the fact that SR are letting people win for posting cheats again?? Tony, that's just not on. Good original posts ignored for a couple of cheats which don't even work?? Even the staff have to admit that is way out of order.
Wed 11/07/01 at 16:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Copied and pasted cheats no less.

I mean, who here has ever genuinely found a cheat themselves?

eh?

Thought not.

But, it does say at the bottom of the rules:
No complaining. Nobody likes a whinger
Wed 11/07/01 at 16:57
Regular
I don't care, I'll whine until the cows come home. I', not complaining because I feel that I should have one, but on the principle of the matter.
Wed 11/07/01 at 16:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I agree 100%.

"I didnt win and my post was better" is wrong.

"I didnt win because someone pasted some cheats from another site" is wrong also.

Hard call to make, glad I'm not the one responsible.
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:06
Regular
The reason it's getting harder to win GAD is that more and more people are joining the site each day.

I've been saying this ever since i got here:

I'm not here to win games, i'm here to discuss.

I've won 3 times since i've been here, without trying.

There's no point in complaining, it's not going to make them say, "oh, he's right, lets let him win instead."

The decision, once it's made, is final. It's a tough call to make. I've read many good posts on the same day and i wouldn't want to pick the best one.

The best thing is just come here to discuss, and be pleased when you win, and don't complain ywhen you don't.
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:15
OK, now if the cheats don't work then it's Special Reserve's fault for not checking them. The winner has claimed his prize, I think, and so not a lot can be done. If they change it, because they don't work, it would be fairer, but if you want to query this then please email Ali or Tony, who will both shout at you because they're very busy:

[email protected]
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:37
I don't think its right for anyone to say that he shouldn't get the game- once a decision has been made it sems very petty to complain about it. I just was surprised that only a couple of cheats managed to win a gameaday prize, irrespective of whether they don't work or not- i've seen a lot of interesting discussions posted that deserve to win more than just a couple of cheats that are usually unoriginal. The prizes i think should go to interesting discussions and original, informative reviews.
But hey, congrats for winning the game; that's more than i've done.
But Special Reserve guys- it's a bit slack isn't it?
(P.S. Please don't get revenge by not ever letting me win!)
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:51
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Can they tell when something has been copy and pasted into a post? I just copied and pasted this from word, can they tell?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.