GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLACE BETS NOW!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 15:07
Regular
How long before the GC is piarted?

Fact: every console is pirayed eventually. Even the N64 with it carts and the DC with its GDs have been pirated. Eventually someone will manage to use a CD-R to fool the console into thinking it is a GC disc... jkust like they have done with the DC.

So how long will this take? My bet is... 7 months after japanese launch.

Sonic
Mon 16/07/01 at 07:25
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
yes .... we all feel very sorry of you ... sob sob
Sun 15/07/01 at 23:40
They could be infected with a contagious disease by the previous owner, it could have spy software installed; there are many reasons for not buying games 2nd hand. Am I mad?
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:25
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Edgy wrote:
> It shouldn't effect me too much.

I wont buy any games second hand
> (unless the games aren't sold anymore) and it they look pirate then
> I wont buy them.

just out of interest, why don't u buy second hand games?

Sonic
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:18
Regular
It shouldn't effect me too much.

I wont buy any games second hand (unless the games aren't sold anymore) and it they look pirate then I wont buy them.
Sun 15/07/01 at 18:05
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
asrogktjusaetg... rubbish! The DC uses a propietry format that is even more weird than Ninty's... yet that only took 1 year to pirate.

Fact: every console ever made will be pirated... what I am asking is how long will it take? my bet is 7 months

sonic
Fri 13/07/01 at 19:06
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
yeah that is what i meant , you have to rip all the files onto your pc then copy them from your hardrive , but you may need a few cds
Thu 12/07/01 at 09:14
Regular
"DS..."
i reckon it will take at least a year or two due to the discs sophisticated technology...but i could be wrong...
slik ?_?
Thu 12/07/01 at 08:15
I've seen VCD's that are copies of DVD's.

You can buy mini CD's from the shops and there's probably a rewriter for it so the games might not be that hard to pirate.
Thu 12/07/01 at 01:31
Regular
i thikn what he ment was rip all the files off a DVD and then burn them onto CD/CDs?
Thu 12/07/01 at 00:47
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
> if you can copy dvds with a normal cd writter (it may take 24 hours
> to complete and rip all the files onto your hardisk )

That is absolute rubbish. DVD and CD are two totally different formats - like cassette tapes and records. A CD-R cannot write onto a DVD and trying to claim otherwise is verging on idiotic.

The Gamecube will not be "pirated" for a LONG time as it uses a propriety DVD format. The propriety bit isn't the problem as you can physically cut a DVD smaller and not effect the storage of data on the remaining section (so long as you don't remove index files etc...) What is the problem is that it still costs far too much to write a DVD on a home DVD writer (hardware costs and the blank disks). At the moment it is about three times more expensive to buy a blank DVD that one with a film one it... okay, it is a long time since I checked the prices so they may have fallen a bit.

Anyway, piracy won't happen on the Gamecube for quite a while at it simply isn't clever as original titles would be cheaper than pirated ones.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.