GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could you recommend a game please....."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 13:57
Regular
Can anybody recommend a decent PS2 game for me? I've just won GAD and i can't think of one to get, i've already got Onimusha, Crazy Taxi, Shadow of Memories and Tekken. Any suggestions would be well apreciated. Thanks.

Darkreaper

P.S.
If you see er-no, Armatige Shanks and Zeldapro could you mention to them that still have a game to claim.
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:27
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:

>I know that
> makes it sound like you can't miss, but you can - it >certainly
> doesn't make it too easy.

Too right it doesn't, I unloaded 8 rapid fire shotgun shots at a guard at point blank and he still didn't go down ! I've found the control system no problem, even after 4 years of pc gaming, Red Faction beats Half Life hands down !
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:03
CDouch wrote:
> can i have your demo if you dont like it any more

I would give it to you but i took ZOE (and the demo) back to Game and asked them to swap it for something else as it was a bit pants.

Darkreaper
Thu 12/07/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Darkreaper wrote:
> Slaveunit wrote:
> Darkreaper wrote:
The MGS demo wasn't that
> good either.

Are you
> on drugs?

I don't know!?! But for
> some reason i just didn't find the demo interesting to me. Sure
> there where lots of little things to do but after you've done it
> all, there wasn't much left to do. I'm sure the finished game will
> be better, i just didn't like the demo.

Darkreaper

can i have your demo if you dont like it any more
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:13
Slaveunit wrote:
> Darkreaper wrote:
The MGS demo wasn't that good either.

Are you
> on drugs?

I don't know!?! But for some reason i just didn't find the demo interesting to me. Sure there where lots of little things to do but after you've done it all, there wasn't much left to do. I'm sure the finished game will be better, i just didn't like the demo.

Darkreaper
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:00
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Darkreaper wrote:
The MGS demo wasn't that good either.

Are you on drugs?
Wed 11/07/01 at 22:04
"High polygon count"
It takes a little getting used to, but it soon becomes second nature.

You don't have to be as precise in your aiming as on a PC - a console controller doesn't allow it; so once you're in roughly the right area, the crosshair snaps to the target.

I know that makes it sound like you can't miss, but you can - it certainly doesn't make it too easy.
Wed 11/07/01 at 20:53
The only thing that is bothering me is the control system. You know, moving around looking up and down etc. I'm use to playing FPS on the PC. I've never played a FPS on a console before.
Wed 11/07/01 at 20:49
I bought Red Faction at the weekend and it hasn't left the CD tray, its excellent, all the bad bits the official magazine pointed out are not really noticeable. As for the geomod thing, well it does add a lot, the effects alone make it a worthy new development. Ever since "Navy Seals" have I wondered if any game would allow you to blow people away in a computer game when they're on the opposite side of a wall AND leave a big gaping hole afterwards ! lol
Wed 11/07/01 at 20:38
Ö=ResŒvilfan=Ö wrote:
> SSX,red faction or GT3. whats shadow of memories like i was a bit
> wary whether to get that or not?

Shadow of Memories is a good game but it lacks something. The basic plot is that you play a character call Ike Kust (it's set in Germany for some reason) and you get stabbed and die. You then "wake up" in a small room with some weirdo who looks like a woman but has the voice of a man! Anyway he/she/it gives you a time device which enables you to jump back in time for short periods of time and you spend the game avoiding your death and finding out what the little.....thingy wants with you. There are about 6 or 7 different endings and it's very well thought out and presented to you but i've only got two of the endings and i've lost interest in it. I suggest you rent, borrow or play a demo before you buy, it's for people with a certain "taste"
Anyway already asked for Red Faction so i hope that's good. Thanks for all the suggestions anyway and i don't really think ZOE is a good game. Its repetitive and it only took me 5 hours to complete.....slightly disappointing. The MGS demo wasn't that good either. Hope the final product is better, which i'm sure it will be.

Darkreaper
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:33
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
GT3,NBA street,Red faction or ZOE

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.