GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Kong"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Kong Country'.
Sun 30/05/04 at 19:25
"Hi"
Who is your favorite kong. I like Dixie and Kiddy and DKC3 was the best DK game ever. I was playin the original and it is so boring. Dose anyones NES work properly?
Tue 01/06/04 at 22:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I rmeember getting killed numerous times by little beasty type objects which came out of nowhere...
Tue 01/06/04 at 22:09
Regular
They were fine if you had the contrast on the exact right setting - but the motion in screen-scrolling sucked a lot (hardware was the problem as GBP/C/A improved upon it)
Tue 01/06/04 at 21:07
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Were those the ones which were near impossible to see?

On the colour, it was alright, but on a normal GB, you couldn't see anything.

Fecking. Eval.

Yes.
Tue 01/06/04 at 21:04
Regular
Having never had a SNES at the time, my brother had the Game Boy alternatives Donkey Kong Land and Donkey Kong Land 2.

Very good they were.

The original Donkey Kong game on Game Boy was great too - rescuing Pauline from the many stages by solving the various puzzles.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:31
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Going back and playing DKC 1 and 2, they are poor.

Back then, they owned, though.

Anyhoo, the Arcade original was fecking class.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I loved it. LOVED IT!
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:24
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Regardless of others, I loved DK64.

Utter crap, way too much collecting, just endless and endless new moves, couldn't create a load of puzzles with just a handful of moves no, they had to make new moves fit the puzzles.

Utter rubbish, even worse than Banjo Tooie.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Regardless of others, I loved DK64.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:17
Regular
I only ever played the first Donkey Kong Country and I loved it. I'll be getting the second and third when they are released for the GBA.
Sun 30/05/04 at 19:40
Regular
Shift key stuck?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.