GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Films ruined through over -hype..........."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 10:46
Regular
Ok, list here any films ruined for you by hype.

1. Blair Witch Project.
Wed 11/07/01 at 10:46
Regular
Ok, list here any films ruined for you by hype.

1. Blair Witch Project.
Wed 11/07/01 at 10:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Erotic Witch Project
Wed 11/07/01 at 10:53
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
CROUCHING tiger HIDDEN dragon
grrrrrrr
Wed 11/07/01 at 10:54
Regular
"not dead"
Even though I saw Blair Witch a good 3 weeks after it's release, I didn't find it ruined by hype!

As the movie was released in October 1999, and my daughter was born in September 1999 I hardly had the TV on, had time to read a paper, or anything, so I didn't even SEE the hype!

I knew about the way it was advertised on the internet, as if itwas real, and thought that was cool.

When I saw it in the cinema, I didn't know what to expect, and thought it was great. Very creepy, and refreshing in the stale horror genre.
Wed 11/07/01 at 10:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Jurassic Park.

Westworld with Dinosaurs
Wed 11/07/01 at 11:26
MiB
Star wars episode 1 (spoiled not ruined)
Cube

That just about does it for me.
Im worried about ff the movie.
I love ff verging on fanatic. (will buy a ps2 just for ff10)
Im hoping to god the movie wont let me down.
Wed 11/07/01 at 12:03
Final Destination!!!

I heard it was one of the scariest films ever and that advert with the 'actual audience reaction' made me think I was going to be jumping out of my seat.

None of it, some of the most tedious drivel I've ever had the misfortune to sit through!!!!!

... except that bit with the bus, that was cool.
Wed 11/07/01 at 14:37
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I quite liked the Blair Witch Project - remember it had well publicised preview screenings in a number of small cinemas a fortnight before launch? Well my "local" (well the Uni's cinema) was one of those so I saw it before the dissappointed reactions started. In other words I went in with the tales of Cannes journalists being physically sick still fresh in my mind. While I admit to having a bit of a "was that it" feeling at the end, I still enjoyed it.

Films ruined by hype - Shrek. It's a good film, but I was expecting something out of this world, to rival Toy Story, so I'm a little annoyed.
Wed 11/07/01 at 14:59
How is a film spoilt by over hype? for me the only thing that can spoil a film is if the actual film it self is rubbish. Did you mean in your queston bad films that were over hyped?
Wed 11/07/01 at 15:02
Regular
Films can be ruined by hype.

If you hear such good stuff about it that your expectations can never met, then it is over hyped.

Like Star Wars Episode 1, i'm not a Star Wars fan, but i watched it on video thinking it would be good after all the hype.

It was a load of cobblers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.