GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Extras..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 10:22
Regular
Does anyone know a site that tell you about the Extras included with the DVD...

I was just wondering since it useful as a course of reference...

As to whether to grab the UK version of a DVD...or the US?

Wether its worth grabbing the current release, or hanging around for the inevitable Special Edition?

compairing versions of the same flick... (theres seems to be several different Ghostbusters DVD's avalible for saome reason?)

Obviously its the film that is the most important...

But if you just get the movie and a trailor with the Brit version... But the movie, trailor, directors comments, piccys, cut scenes, etc... on the yank version... then I'd rather get the import...

Any help?
Wed 11/07/01 at 10:22
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Does anyone know a site that tell you about the Extras included with the DVD...

I was just wondering since it useful as a course of reference...

As to whether to grab the UK version of a DVD...or the US?

Wether its worth grabbing the current release, or hanging around for the inevitable Special Edition?

compairing versions of the same flick... (theres seems to be several different Ghostbusters DVD's avalible for saome reason?)

Obviously its the film that is the most important...

But if you just get the movie and a trailor with the Brit version... But the movie, trailor, directors comments, piccys, cut scenes, etc... on the yank version... then I'd rather get the import...

Any help?
Wed 11/07/01 at 10:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've found, generally, the US DVDs to be far better value.

Apart from the price (just as cheap to get them over there and have them shipped here), they usually contain a lot more info and features.

I've got the region 1 Fight Club, and my mate has the UK one.

Region 1 has 3 more commentaries, a few more deleted scenes and better packaging.

Maybe it's because we Brits just shrug and mumble under our breath?
Wed 11/07/01 at 10:56
Gotta agree (yikes!)
ive been told that t2 wont be as good as teh americanas version.
Almost every american dvd has more features than its uk counterpart.
gop to futureent.com

Some really new films for dirt cheap price.
Wed 11/07/01 at 14:57
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
While I definetly agree in the main - it is getting better. More UK titles are coming out featured packed as we are becoming a bigger market. Not only does this encourage distributors to put more work into the disks, but it also means the big distributors actually bother to work over here.

In terms of finding out extras I find it is usually easiest to look to www.play247.com or the Amazon sites. There are a number of fan sites around doing sort of what you mention, but they are normally very unreliable and unaccurate and have very few titles. Amazon always has the info up hours after they get the press release as they obviously want to start getting the pre-orders! They also tend to be very accurate as ther are gettting their news from the horses mouth, so to speak, so don't trade in hear say or partake in games of Chineese whispers.

The Special Edition DVDs are alwasy annoying - but you never can tell. There's only once I've ever heard of a distributor anouncing a special edition DVD is on the way before releasing the standard edition (Almost Famous) as they're gits and want you to shell out twice. However, if you look at receint second release special editions, such as the Mummy, there is really nothing worth your while seeing if you have the original anyway. It is an annoyance but usually you aren't missing out on too much if you bought the standard before the launch of the SE. Just make sure that when you are making the purchase you get the best disk available. For example - I nearly got the rubbish version of Do The Right Thing - film only. However, the Criterion edition with all sorts of wonderful stuff caught my eye on another site and I had to go back and cancel the original order.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.