GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Mon 31/05/04 at 15:53
Regular
...plays approximately 325.79 times better than the videos!

I was lucky enough to play this beauty of a game at the Birmingham NEC Motor Show. EA had a stand demoing Burnout 3 and that UEFA game. Needless to say I was straight onto Burnout :D

Top-notch graphics, blisteringly fast gameplay and The Sweetest Crashes You'll Ever Find™

I mean, one guy playing before me, managed to hit the side of a bus, go careering down the road taking out multiple cars, launch off the final car and plough into a lorry!

You get bonuses for taking out the opposition too. Ram them into the wall or force them into traffic and you'll get a lovely boost bonus. Oh, and if you take them out, you'll get treated to a nice slow-mo replay of them getting mangled into the nearest car/tree/wall before the game reverts back to your race, allowing you to carry on like nothing happened! Handling is spot-on, even when boosting too, so you can really zip through the tightest gaps for those 'near-miss' bonuses.

Sadly, the EA guy said the release date will be around Sep-Nov in the UK (didn't get a Yank date). There also was no live play to test out, only 2-player split screen.

Seriously though. You. Need. This. Game!

p.s. The car show is still on until Sat 6th June, so get yer ass down/up there if you want to play this!

p.p.s. Xbox also had their own stand with a 16-player system link of Rallisport 2. I owned :P
Mon 31/05/04 at 23:03
Regular
Beautiful graphics and speed.
Mon 31/05/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I can't wait for Burnout 3. It's probably my most anticipated game this year, bar San Andreas and Driver 3.
Mon 31/05/04 at 17:34
Regular
Yup, crafty gits
Mon 31/05/04 at 17:29
Regular
"Touched!"
LOL - Did you know that the MGS3 demo got nicked from E3? Mega funny.
Mon 31/05/04 at 17:26
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Are you telling me you have played Burnout 3 but you didn't even
> attempt to smuggle out a copy?! Shame on you!

Believe me the thought had crossed my mind!
Mon 31/05/04 at 17:22
Regular
a definite purchase I think.
Mon 31/05/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Touched!"
Are you telling me you have played Burnout 3 but you didn't even attempt to smuggle out a copy?! Shame on you!
Mon 31/05/04 at 15:53
Regular
...plays approximately 325.79 times better than the videos!

I was lucky enough to play this beauty of a game at the Birmingham NEC Motor Show. EA had a stand demoing Burnout 3 and that UEFA game. Needless to say I was straight onto Burnout :D

Top-notch graphics, blisteringly fast gameplay and The Sweetest Crashes You'll Ever Find™

I mean, one guy playing before me, managed to hit the side of a bus, go careering down the road taking out multiple cars, launch off the final car and plough into a lorry!

You get bonuses for taking out the opposition too. Ram them into the wall or force them into traffic and you'll get a lovely boost bonus. Oh, and if you take them out, you'll get treated to a nice slow-mo replay of them getting mangled into the nearest car/tree/wall before the game reverts back to your race, allowing you to carry on like nothing happened! Handling is spot-on, even when boosting too, so you can really zip through the tightest gaps for those 'near-miss' bonuses.

Sadly, the EA guy said the release date will be around Sep-Nov in the UK (didn't get a Yank date). There also was no live play to test out, only 2-player split screen.

Seriously though. You. Need. This. Game!

p.s. The car show is still on until Sat 6th June, so get yer ass down/up there if you want to play this!

p.p.s. Xbox also had their own stand with a 16-player system link of Rallisport 2. I owned :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.