GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black and White Patch"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/07/01 at 16:19
Regular
The official patch is now out, along with the Winamp Creature Dancing plug-in thing.

After 4 months maybe we can now play the game as intended
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:06
OK I have a question, I want ot get my creature to dance but I can never see anyone dancing from dawn till dusk, no matter how many rock and stones I put in the village.

How does he dance

Oh and does the patch make the game run or load up any faster?

THanks Ben
Tue 10/07/01 at 23:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, that official patch fixes a load of problems.

And the MP3 feature has made me realise it's the little touches that make me like Black and White so much.

You can play MP3 via Winamp and your creature dances to them, will learn which songs it likes and which it doesnt.

My ape loves Clutch, "Your creature thinks this music rocks" and will spend 5 mins dancing madly, and the more often you play a particular song, the better in time with it the creature dances.

Stuck in my mum's Michael Bolton CD and my ape burst into tears, "Your creature doesn't like this music, it reminds him of sad things"

So, after 2 hrs of experimenting and rewarding, my ape has told me the following:

"Your creature thinks this music rocks" to

Clutch
Nailbomb
Tool
Gorillaz
Dr John

"Your creature doesnt like this music" to

Michael Bolton
Maria Carey
Travis (?)
Oxide Neutrino
Spice Girls

he started to dance to "Wannabe" but got such a beatdown he soon stopped.
Tue 10/07/01 at 21:55
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I might just get that but if I dont like it I will write a quick GAD attempt review and swap it at CEX but I am sure I will enjoy it!!
Tue 10/07/01 at 18:07
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Ashley wrote:
> Was I the only one who wasn't to impressed with b&W's single
> player by the end of the second or third stage it got a bit
> repetitive. But it was revolutionary and great fun at first.

Thats the same with me. I took the game back and swapped it for Unreal tournament and half life. It was good but to easy and tooo much of the same.
Tue 10/07/01 at 18:04
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
where from!!!

I know a place that has one or two for BLACK & WHITE but I am not sure if it is the patch that sorts out the bugs!!

Called: Black & White V1.100 - 8.9 mb!

URL:
http:// www.game-revolution.com/ download/ patches/ pc/b.htm

Remove da spaces in da URL!

It also lets you download extra creatures!
Tue 10/07/01 at 17:30
Regular
Was I the only one who wasn't to impressed with b&W's single player by the end of the second or third stage it got a bit repetitive. But it was revolutionary and great fun at first.
Tue 10/07/01 at 16:57
Good news for everyone :-)
Tue 10/07/01 at 16:31
I should read both forums before i post something, i've just posted something abut the patch in the FOG chat forum.....sorry!

Darkreaper
Tue 10/07/01 at 16:20
Regular
IT's come along just as i;m upgrading my PC, so maybe i'll be able tosee what sgoing on as well!

Thanks for the info Goaty, i'll go and get it now....
Tue 10/07/01 at 16:20
Regular
Did you not hear, you may need to get a ptach for the patch!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.