GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I had a game idea"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/07/01 at 12:40
Regular
I had a game idea, and nobody commented on it so I made it myself. It's purely web based right now and needs someone to eb there all the time, but who knows in the future,
Check it out at

http://murdersite.cjb.net
Mon 16/07/01 at 20:24
Hi could you Email me the info at [email protected]

ta.

Oh by the way I will eventually get my own domain but I cant really get one right now concidering I've just gone 16 2day! In the future, after my A-Levels.

Seeya
Mon 16/07/01 at 12:42
Regular
Thats a great idea youve got there cooldogs, I agree with Salas, that if you put the effort in it could be pretty good.

Have you submitted your page to the search engines? Yahoo, Google etc. Because if you can get it on them you will get loads more visitors. I design websites for different companys and have to do a number of things to get their site high up on the search engines. Heard of Meta tags?...Oh well I'm probably just talking jibberish to you people that erm..havent got a clue what im talking about!

If you want to submit your website then just leave another post and I'll give you some more information.

Hope this is of some help

Dav1d

P.S If youre really serious about the game it may be worth getting your own website address like ww.MurderMystery.com or something like that, they only cost about £10 a year.....83p a month....3p a day!!! Well you get the picture!
Thu 12/07/01 at 01:05
Discworld Noir was an exellent detective game. You had to compare your notes to work stuff out, and you had to ask the characters the right questions concerning things in your notepad. Only problem was it was too easy-not like the more random games where you had to use a garden gnome ane a light bulb to open a door. Ahh...great days.
Thu 12/07/01 at 01:04
Hey great idea!
I may sign up tomorrow- it's just a bit too much for my brain to take at the moment,

Good luck with it anyway
Thu 12/07/01 at 01:01
hehe yep just visisted your site and it dont look like a bad idea :)
hehe i think i may sign up and you could work alot on this and realy make it into somein like use the advertisments to make money of ya site and make like a few different storys to work out hehe if you work at if then it could be great
and it will be as good as you make it if you put lots of effort into it :)

Salas
Thu 12/07/01 at 01:01
hehe yep just visisted your site and it dont look like a bad idea :)
hehe i think i may sign up and you could work alot on this and realy make it into somein like use the advertisments to make money of ya site and make like a few different storys to work out hehe if you work at if then it could be great
and it will be as good as you make it if you put lots of effort into it :)
Wed 11/07/01 at 09:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
cooldogs wrote:
> how exactly, should I post to myself all the ideas for the website,
> yeah?

lol... errrmm... I wasnt being that serious man :)

Thats not really the only way to go about copyrighting the product...

and to be honest, its not the best either (information posted to yourself is very easily disputed in court)

Although, if you want to... then print out a few of the pages... and post them... iyou dont need to do all, only enough to present that you have had the idea, and the details of the event... the instruction page should do... and then post that...
Tue 10/07/01 at 15:57
how exactly, should I post to myself all the ideas for the website, yeah?
Tue 10/07/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I've just popped to your web site...

Its top stuff man... really amazing!

You could be onto someting with this...

(dont forget to copyright everything before someone nicks your ideas! :))
Tue 10/07/01 at 15:39
Have you played Cluedo?

You dont need detective skills, its just a process of elimination, you dont have to work out every detail of what happened, thats what I want in a game, a murder so complex that it takes you ages to work out who did it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.