GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any reviews of Driver 3 out yet?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Wed 02/06/04 at 16:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I mean reviews, not playtest or previews or 'first looks', I want reviews of finished code. Because frankly, I'm thinking it's going to suck ass and don't want to waste my money on it. If, however, it turns out to be as good as the first, maybe I will waste me money on it.
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mav wrote:
> Better than Vice City then?

Well not according to PSM2. But you've got to remember that they are two completely different genres. It seems that everything that has a little bit of freedom in it is compared to GTA, but you have to remember that Driver is a car chase simulator, not a free roaming crime sim like GTA. I have a feeling you actually realise that already though.

:)
Tue 08/06/04 at 17:24
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> PSM2 has given Driver 3 90%. I won't write the full review here
> because it was ten pages long, but it's pretty much what I was
> expecting. The driving sections are fantastic, however the on-foot
> sections aren't as good.

Better than Vice City then?
Tue 08/06/04 at 16:00
Regular
": ("
Mattyboy wrote:
> Think the next GameMaster magazine will have a review, its out
> tomorrow I believe. Looking forward to the game, first two were
> brilliant just hope this one delivers the goods. Im pretty confident
> it will!

I just saw it at my local newsagent, i'll pick it up later...
Mon 07/06/04 at 19:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
PSM2 has given Driver 3 90%. I won't write the full review here because it was ten pages long, but it's pretty much what I was expecting. The driving sections are fantastic, however the on-foot sections aren't as good. They're 'competent' but 'nothing spectacular'. There's a few new videos of Driver on the discs as well, plus a video of Burnout 3 which is insane.
Thu 03/06/04 at 17:26
Regular
"Whatever!"
Think the next GameMaster magazine will have a review, its out tomorrow I believe. Looking forward to the game, first two were brilliant just hope this one delivers the goods. Im pretty confident it will!
Thu 03/06/04 at 17:18
Regular
Argh! You said a bad word against Driver!

It's going to rule. There were a few new videos released last week which were amazing. Certainly a pre-order job.
Wed 02/06/04 at 21:10
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I think all the new mags are released this weekend, so there should hopefully be a review in one of them. I think the release date has been moved to the end of the month though so we'll have to wait a bit longer still. I just hope SR still have my GAD claim on record as I picked Driver 3 way back in August, hopefully it won't have been forgotten about.

;)
Wed 02/06/04 at 16:28
Regular
Hmmm, I like the Driver games because they are a good laugh, hopefully this will be as fun to play as the others, looking forrward to it :D
Wed 02/06/04 at 16:25
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I haven't seen any, but maybe you should just waste a GAD on it. :-)

(well done)
Wed 02/06/04 at 16:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I mean reviews, not playtest or previews or 'first looks', I want reviews of finished code. Because frankly, I'm thinking it's going to suck ass and don't want to waste my money on it. If, however, it turns out to be as good as the first, maybe I will waste me money on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.