GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2 new maps coming for Splinter Cell...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Thu 03/06/04 at 12:57
Regular
They're gonna be released sometimes in the next 2 weeks. The sucky thing is though they're gonna be premium content, they'll cost £2.99 for the both of them. Thing is I have no problem paying for these, it's my most played Live game and after all the content Ubi have given us free it's not suprising they're eventually asking for something in return.

Oh and unlike other downloadable content apparently the maps don't just feel like cheapy extras, they're both as good if not better than the mpas given away with the original game.

The levels are called River Mall and Federal Bank and they look really excellent. There's more info on them and tons of videos here [URL] http://xbox.ign.com/articles/520/520840p1.html [/URL]
Fri 04/06/04 at 21:48
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I really wish i love Splinter Cell. I was I was intoxicated by its marevlous brilliance. I wish i could be bothered to stealth about.

But i don't. So I'll get a McDonalds instead.
Fri 04/06/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Touched!"
Excellent news, I may well be on SC tonight as I haven't played it for a while, new maps look excellent, I don't mind paying £3 as long as they are bug free hopefully!
Thu 03/06/04 at 16:18
Regular
": ("
Creepy wrote:
> Am I the only one who's annoyed about having to pay?

Yes and no.

I haven't got the game anymore so, yes.
But if I did have the game, no.

:)
Thu 03/06/04 at 16:14
Regular
I look forward to finishing Uni for the summer, and finally getting to play on Live again.

Although I'm so crap at Pandora Tomorrow online, that I'll probably end up throttling my xbox.
Thu 03/06/04 at 14:55
Regular
Yey I'm in! Just downloading the vids now...
Thu 03/06/04 at 14:35
Regular
I see no problem with paying for them. I've already got well over 100 hours of entertainment out of a game I paid £32 for, that kind of money wouldn't even come close to paying for a single night out in town. SO paying £3 for 2 new maps which look to be well worth the moolaa is fine by me.

It's not like Ubi haven't given us free content in the past. With the amount of free stuff available for Island Thunder and Rainbow Six 3, it's not suprising that they've decided to charge for something eventually.
Thu 03/06/04 at 13:38
Regular
It's only 3 quid though. And no matter how annoyed you get, they're not going to give you them for free.
Thu 03/06/04 at 13:37
Regular
Am I the only one who's annoyed about having to pay?
Thu 03/06/04 at 13:24
Regular
Multiplayer? Jackpot!

I don't mind paying for them :) Now I just need to find a non-IGN Insider link...
Thu 03/06/04 at 13:21
Regular
Yeah, to be honest to say there were only 6 or so maps to start with, half of them were a bit naff to be honest.

Not a problem paying for content, it is just this is the way it will be with all download content from here on and it will only go up from here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.