GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What about us!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 20:21
Regular
WHAT ABOUT US!

What about the people who can’t afford to spend £300 to get a playstation 2.

There is nothing more annoying than finding that the game you’ve been waiting to buy for absolutely ages, doesn’t come out for any of the consoles that you have.

For instance I bought WWF Smackdown 2 the very day that it was released in the UK, I played it none stop, from the time I picked up the controller one afternoon after school until the next morning when I had to leave for school. I loved it especially with all of its new features such as the ‘table match’, the ‘hell in a cell match’, the ‘ladder match’ and so on. So naturally I cant wait until Smackdown 3 comes out on the trusty playstation. But wait, soon I find out that Smackdown 3 isn’t coming out on the playstation, it’s only going to appear on the playstation 2. So I thought okay I’ll get a Playstation 2 for my birthday, however my mum tells me that she doesn’t have that kind of money because I have a large family and it wouldn’t be fair on everyone else.

So I am just going to have to wait for the price for a playstation 2 to come down from £300 to about £100/£150, which is bound to be quite a while.
Tue 10/07/01 at 00:00
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
sorry wrong spelling. and wrong message. previos one. I am new to this!
Mon 09/07/01 at 23:59
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
mine is working as well
Mon 09/07/01 at 23:55
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
a freaind of mine paide £325 for his PS2. that sa £25 deposit! What a waste
Mon 09/07/01 at 23:34
Regular
"Back in black"
Ant wrote:
> Humm...

Yeah, but just hope that the GC WWF game isn't as dull as
> No Mercy, which I found very, VERY dull.

I cannot WAIT for SD3!!

Hey ant!! No mercy is not much different from SD2.. they are both pretty similar.. no wars now!!
Mon 09/07/01 at 23:26
Regular
For anyone who says a PS2 is not worth the amount of money you are expected to pay for it, why? Do you know how much money it costs Sony to make the consoles? Do you know how much profit they are making? Do you know how much profit the retailer is making? Do you know how much they paid to Rambus for a licence to use their memory? Do you know how much they paid Toshiba to design the Emotion Engine? Do you know how much they spent on advertising? Do you know how much they pay to factory workers worldwide? Do you know how much it cost them to produce the PS2? Yes, Sony are working on a way to reduce the costs of producing the PS2 without effecting the overall quality of the machine, but if that is how much it is going to cost, then that is just tuff. It isn't my fault that I can afford to save up for a PS2 and all the latest games, but I work hard for that money (and my student loan!!) Yes, maybe the Gamecube will come out at a lower price than the PS2, but at what the industry is expecting, for every three Gamecube games you buy, you could have bought 5 for the PS2. Companies will make their money out of you some how, some will have cheaper hardware, some will have cheaper games, but none will operate at a loss, just to keep some people crying poverty happy.

I just read someone's post about how the G8 sumit may look into using PS2 consoles to bring digital content and information to under developed areas, allowing them access to a wealth of information on health issues for example. If Sony go in and help with this, do you grudge paying £300 for their console? I don't.

As for the price to come down, it will, eventually. But only when they are able to produce the consoles for less. They are still developing the tools required for developers to get the best out of the console. They are still making their own AAA titles to keep owners happy until the 3rd party back up comes along en mass. And they are trying to turn a profit in what has been a miserable 16 months in the games industry because of people like yourself.
Mon 09/07/01 at 23:12
PS2 = £269.99.
Mon 09/07/01 at 23:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Humm...

Yeah, but just hope that the GC WWF game isn't as dull as No Mercy, which I found very, VERY dull.

I cannot WAIT for SD3!!
Mon 09/07/01 at 22:23
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
yea i know m8. i have 2 by my own stuff like games consoles and the like.
£300 r a ps2 is i think ridiculas
u could buy a small 2nd hand CAR 4 god sake
Mon 09/07/01 at 21:34
"I love yo... lamp."
Hey think what it is like for me. I got rid of my Sony stuff and said that I would not have their consoles unless I got given them. It was because of Sega being in trouble so I took a stand. And then Sega stop hard ware and are releasing stuff for the Sony consoles I do not now own. But I will not be a hypocrite. I will keep my promise. In the end there is always an equivalent game to the one that I can not get. Do not bother with a PS2, they are not worth it. Get a DC or a GC or the more expensive option the X-box.
Do not worry because there will be a WWF game on the GC, and it will be cheap. If you come from a large family a Nintendo would be better for the rest of them. Small kids love Mario. And Goldeneye. I have started training my sister towards being the top female games player in the country. She is good at Mario Party and DK64 and F-Zero X and Goldeneye. Making progress. But do not get a PS2. I believed strongly enough that they were not good enough that I got rid of all my Sony stuff. Some one support me.
Mon 09/07/01 at 20:26
It would be better if you waited for both the Gamecube and the Xbox to come out before deciding. After all, they'll both have their own WWF games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.