GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beauty Sleep"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 19:42
Regular
As we have seen, the PS2 is having a long rest before it really gets going. Whilst there have been a few really good titles, including the stunning Snowboard Supercross and other gems such as TimeSplitters, Starfighter and Red Faction, the true power of PS2 is yet to come.

Soon, this magnificent console will awaken from its beauty sleep. Don`t worry, I`m not about to produce the same huge list I did a few months ago, but I would like to mention five killer titles that are due to be released in the near future. These are the top of my most wanted list.

Gran Turismo 3, which is now only a few weeks away marks the start of a new era in PS2 gaming. Instead of being criticised for games of a standard that could be recreated on a Dreamcast, the PS2 will be the envy of all those who chose not to follow Sony.

"The most ...... game" is often a title that is only held for a short time, lasting only until another game of a similar style is created. However, Gran Turismo 3 will undoubtedly be the most realistic racer for a long time to come. If it loses this title before the end of the year, it would be as surprising as Goran Ivanesivic winning Wimbledon.

However, GT3 is only the beginning. Since E3, a little while ago, Naughty Dog have managed to gain the attention of a huge number of gamers. There new game, Jak and Daxter could prove to be one of the best games of the year. With extraodinary graphics, superb lighting effects, and fluidity of motion to make water blush, it is staggeringly beautiful.

Possessing similar beauty is Final Fantasy 10. Just another sequel? Certainly not. Unlike previous Final Fantasy games, this edition will have speech included, as well as some of the most spectacular visuals seen at E3. As usual, there will be an all new cast, a new story, and a new world. Is it too similar? I think not. Watch out for this one, its top of my "Most Wanted" list.

One of my favourite games on the original Playstation was Wipeout 2097. It was the only racer around that both looked good and sounded good. PS2 is ready to receive the next in this fantastic series in the form of Wipeout Fusion. There should be all the speed of the prequels and more, as well as vastly improved visuals, and a phenomenal number of courses.

Looking at the future of PS2 wouldn`t be the same if I didn`t mention Metal Gear Solid 2. Early videos had us all extremely excited, and then the demo that was packaged with Zone of the Enders arrived, giving us a taste of the stunning package that comprises Sons of Liberty. E3 gave us another video, revealing a few more snippets of the plot, as well as jaw-dropping water effects. Metal Gear Solid 2 is probably the most highly anticipated title on PS2, probably of all time, on any console, and should be awesom.

As I look at the future of PS2, not just at the titles I mentioned above, but also at many other games such as Ico and Stuntman... well, words can`t describe the explosive potential. It really is mind-blowing.
Tue 10/07/01 at 19:55
Regular
I too am looking forward to The Getaway. It is certainly a good idea, and the attention to detail looks jaw dropping. However, so far nobody seems to have had hands on experience, so it may not yet have the gameplay to match. I certainly hope it comes up with the goods in that department.
Tue 10/07/01 at 10:25
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It's not like Sony havent come out top before, The PS1 beat the N62 and the DC, which were both higher spec machines. It could happen again.

And with MGS2, FF10, and all those other stunning titles in the pipeline, its going to be a good fight.

Personally, I'm really looking foreward to playing The Getaway. Noone has done anything like that, and it looks amazing.
Mon 09/07/01 at 21:27
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
And the HDD! ITS gonna get to the point where choosing will be hard. WE can't buy every good game so it'll be a difficult decision! I am definetly getting ff10,gt3(on tis way) abns mgs2, but what about WWF smackdown 3 or Crash bandicoot or spyro 4 or ace combat..or.....well u get the idea but the point is as ssxpro has already mentioned. The ps2 will stand and prudly fight against the x-house and cube. May come out victorious.
Mon 09/07/01 at 19:42
Regular
As we have seen, the PS2 is having a long rest before it really gets going. Whilst there have been a few really good titles, including the stunning Snowboard Supercross and other gems such as TimeSplitters, Starfighter and Red Faction, the true power of PS2 is yet to come.

Soon, this magnificent console will awaken from its beauty sleep. Don`t worry, I`m not about to produce the same huge list I did a few months ago, but I would like to mention five killer titles that are due to be released in the near future. These are the top of my most wanted list.

Gran Turismo 3, which is now only a few weeks away marks the start of a new era in PS2 gaming. Instead of being criticised for games of a standard that could be recreated on a Dreamcast, the PS2 will be the envy of all those who chose not to follow Sony.

"The most ...... game" is often a title that is only held for a short time, lasting only until another game of a similar style is created. However, Gran Turismo 3 will undoubtedly be the most realistic racer for a long time to come. If it loses this title before the end of the year, it would be as surprising as Goran Ivanesivic winning Wimbledon.

However, GT3 is only the beginning. Since E3, a little while ago, Naughty Dog have managed to gain the attention of a huge number of gamers. There new game, Jak and Daxter could prove to be one of the best games of the year. With extraodinary graphics, superb lighting effects, and fluidity of motion to make water blush, it is staggeringly beautiful.

Possessing similar beauty is Final Fantasy 10. Just another sequel? Certainly not. Unlike previous Final Fantasy games, this edition will have speech included, as well as some of the most spectacular visuals seen at E3. As usual, there will be an all new cast, a new story, and a new world. Is it too similar? I think not. Watch out for this one, its top of my "Most Wanted" list.

One of my favourite games on the original Playstation was Wipeout 2097. It was the only racer around that both looked good and sounded good. PS2 is ready to receive the next in this fantastic series in the form of Wipeout Fusion. There should be all the speed of the prequels and more, as well as vastly improved visuals, and a phenomenal number of courses.

Looking at the future of PS2 wouldn`t be the same if I didn`t mention Metal Gear Solid 2. Early videos had us all extremely excited, and then the demo that was packaged with Zone of the Enders arrived, giving us a taste of the stunning package that comprises Sons of Liberty. E3 gave us another video, revealing a few more snippets of the plot, as well as jaw-dropping water effects. Metal Gear Solid 2 is probably the most highly anticipated title on PS2, probably of all time, on any console, and should be awesom.

As I look at the future of PS2, not just at the titles I mentioned above, but also at many other games such as Ico and Stuntman... well, words can`t describe the explosive potential. It really is mind-blowing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.