GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life Microphone help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life'.
Sat 05/06/04 at 21:53
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Can anyone help me to setup my Microphone for Half-Life? It's not a headset one, it's just regular one.

Thanks In Advance.
Sun 06/06/04 at 16:46
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Ah sorry it's just clicked. That earlier thing was a wild goose chase.
>
> HL for some reason doesn't show a mic next to your own name even if
> you have one installed. It also doesn't send back your input to you,
> just to everyone else, so you don't have any idea if it works or not
> unless you do this: Use the command voice_loopback 1 (in the
> console), then when you hold your mic key it *should* work, and you
> *should* hear yourself. voice_loopback 0 will turn it off if you find
> you tend to trail off when you can hear what you were saying about a
> second ago. You'll understand if it works. That loopback command only
> affects you though, other people should still be able to hear you
> regardless of if you've got that set to 1 or 0.

Cheers mate, that has really helped. I was wondering why my name never had it, but that explains it. Thanks Bob and the other guys for helping.
Sun 06/06/04 at 15:52
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Ah sorry it's just clicked. That earlier thing was a wild goose chase.
HL for some reason doesn't show a mic next to your own name even if you have one installed. It also doesn't send back your input to you, just to everyone else, so you don't have any idea if it works or not unless you do this: Use the command voice_loopback 1 (in the console), then when you hold your mic key it *should* work, and you *should* hear yourself. voice_loopback 0 will turn it off if you find you tend to trail off when you can hear what you were saying about a second ago. You'll understand if it works. That loopback command only affects you though, other people should still be able to hear you regardless of if you've got that set to 1 or 0.
Sun 06/06/04 at 15:20
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
My Mic is working fine, it even works in the Voice_Tweak, but when it come to online play, it doesn't work (I even hold the voice key down, and nothing happens). It's annoying that I have a Microphone, and yet it doesn't work online, not to mention that when I hold tab when playing online, my name doesn't have one of those little Microphone symbols next to it
Sun 06/06/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Just use the audio/video tuning wizard in MSN messenger.
Sat 05/06/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well I'm going to bed but incase it turns out you can't, what you need to do is open up your volume control, go to options, properties. Hit the box that says 'recording', make sure microphone is selected, press OK. Then you're back to the volume, but for input rather than output. Make sure under the bar for the mic, 'select' is ticked.
Sat 05/06/04 at 23:25
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Sound Recorder, should be under the start menu in accessories -> entertainment somewhere.
Sat 05/06/04 at 23:23
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Don't know. What program would I have to use?
Sat 05/06/04 at 23:22
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Can you record stuff using the recorder in Windows?
Sat 05/06/04 at 23:21
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
I'm doing that, but I doesn't work. I've also noticed on the Multiplayer scoreboard, my name doesn't come up with a microphone, is this the reason?
Sat 05/06/04 at 22:32
Regular
Very simple. Go into controls and assign a button for the microphone. Now when your in the game and you want to speak, hold that button and you can talk :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.