GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFX Sales Forecast...amazing !"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 08:48
Regular
Well I saw this on Gamespot so I thought I'd post it here for everyone. Don't know if SR have already had this in their news but I didn't see it so prob not.

"SquareSoft has announced its worldwide sales expectations for its upcoming PlayStation2 roleplaying game Final Fantasy X. The company expects to ship 2 million copies of the game when it launches on July 19 in Japan, Hiroshi Suzuki, president of SquareSoft, told Bloomberg Japan. Total sales in that territory, according to company forecasts, is expected to surpass 4 million units, while worldwide sales is expected to reach 10 million units. Previous games in the series have combined to sell over 33 million copies worldwide through March 31 of this year"

This looks like a very very amazing game from the videos I've seen of it, I wasn't too keen on FF9's characters as it was a step away form the improvements in FF8. Now if Sony can just get this translated and in the UK for Christmas .........
Tue 10/07/01 at 08:21
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
As long as I get to play all the future Final Fantasy's I couldn't care less if they go to other consoles as well. Besides it will mean more money for Squaresoft which should mean even more impressive FF's will be made.
Tue 10/07/01 at 08:08
From what I've read the speech is in english for the US/UK. According to Gamespot Squaresoft's US office has worked alongside the Japanese one for some time prior to the Japanese launch to begin converting the speech to english.

Also FFX is a Sony only title, FFXI is the all platforms one. ( I think )
Mon 09/07/01 at 22:43
Wont it eventually be converted to the Xbox and GameCube.
Mon 09/07/01 at 21:20
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Delays are inevitable. It always happens wiv the top games. Gt3 is the one that still annoys me. I am final fantasys biggest fan! 8 was the best!
Mon 09/07/01 at 20:41
Regular
"Whatever!"
Last I heard it will be out in time for Christmas in the UK - Lets hope there are no delays!!
Mon 09/07/01 at 19:27
Regular
Are they going to translate the speech into English (which seems like making a whole new game and would take a long time to do) or are they going to put in English subtitles?
Mon 09/07/01 at 08:48
Well I saw this on Gamespot so I thought I'd post it here for everyone. Don't know if SR have already had this in their news but I didn't see it so prob not.

"SquareSoft has announced its worldwide sales expectations for its upcoming PlayStation2 roleplaying game Final Fantasy X. The company expects to ship 2 million copies of the game when it launches on July 19 in Japan, Hiroshi Suzuki, president of SquareSoft, told Bloomberg Japan. Total sales in that territory, according to company forecasts, is expected to surpass 4 million units, while worldwide sales is expected to reach 10 million units. Previous games in the series have combined to sell over 33 million copies worldwide through March 31 of this year"

This looks like a very very amazing game from the videos I've seen of it, I wasn't too keen on FF9's characters as it was a step away form the improvements in FF8. Now if Sony can just get this translated and in the UK for Christmas .........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.