GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Snake Eater"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Sun 06/06/04 at 20:36
"Sony/PS2/Best"
When is Snake Eater scheduled for release?
Sat 12/06/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Darwock wrote:
> I'm guessing you've never played an MGS game, or if you did you
> couldn't have been paying attention. It fully acknowledges it's a
> videogame, and is full of jokes to that effect (including pulling a
> giant rocket launcher out of thin air)...

I have played both MGS games, but that's a fair point. It's just that when I saw Snake changing his camo suits it looked really silly. But it is just a game afterall, it's not supposed to be too realistic. Still, I won't be buying it as I can't stand the stealth genre anymore. :)
Thu 10/06/04 at 11:57
Regular
I can't wait, big fan of both turn based RPG's and Stealth games, can't wait for this, have the PS2 on pre-order so hopefully it will see daylight state side before the year is out.
Thu 10/06/04 at 10:20
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Lou Role wrote:
> new camo suit appeared. If that was real life Snake would have had
> to sit up and get changed while the guard was approaching, it just
> looks like a poor game from my point of view.

I'm guessing you've never played an MGS game, or if you did you couldn't have been paying attention. It fully acknowledges it's a videogame, and is full of jokes to that effect (including pulling a giant rocket launcher out of thin air)...
Wed 09/06/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
lalakersrule wrote:
> I'm the exact opposite i love stealth games as they require you to
> think whereas blast 'em ups just require you to open the door and
> blast everything in sight....and repeat until you get to the end.

Yea I understand what you mean, but I don't spend anywhere near the same amount of time with games as I used to. So I prefer those 'pick-up-and-play' titles over slow paced stealth games. I'd prefer a good racer, a shoot-em-up or a sports sim now.
Wed 09/06/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Leeds_United_4ever wrote:
> How can you be stealthy in a jungle?

By using camouflage, hiding in trees and bushes and crawling very very slowly through the grass. I watched a demo of MGS3 and it looked just as boring as the last games, and the transition between camo suits looked stupid, his new suits just appeared out of no-where. So as a guard approached, it went to a menu system and the new camo suit appeared. If that was real life Snake would have had to sit up and get changed while the guard was approaching, it just looks like a poor game from my point of view.
Wed 09/06/04 at 19:02
"Sony/PS2/Best"
Lou Role wrote:
> The reason I reckon it'll be crap is purely because I've hated the
> other Metal Gear games. I can't stand games where you have to be
> stealthy, they're so boring.

How can you be stealthy in a jungle?
Wed 09/06/04 at 16:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Few, but because it's always crap, not because no-one's tried before.

Far Cry and Pandora Tommorrow managed it beautifully.
Wed 09/06/04 at 13:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm the exact opposite i love stealth games as they require you to think whereas blast 'em ups just require you to open the door and blast everything in sight....and repeat until you get to the end.

It's why i prefer turn based RPG's over live action RPG's because all those games are in my opinion is you running around hammering X everytime you see something. Least with turn based and especially Strategy RPG's you have to think about how to defeat an enemy and pick him apart by exploiting his weakness or organise your party so they can all run down and attack him all at once and destroy him.
Tue 08/06/04 at 22:31
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
The reason I reckon it'll be crap is purely because I've hated the other Metal Gear games. I can't stand games where you have to be stealthy, they're so boring.
Tue 08/06/04 at 21:32
"period drama"
Few, but because it's always crap, not because no-one's tried before.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.