GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Have Your Say' Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/06/04 at 22:17
Regular
In this thread really you can dicuss anything you want

I want to start by saying 'Why should PS2 be any better than rivals such as Nintendo Gamecube and Microsoft Xbox??? What makes the Playstation 2 have the edge?
Fri 25/06/04 at 19:42
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Personally i change consoles every 3ish years. Or so has been my trend so far.

Obviously i haven't purchased a microsoft console as they're new, but i have experienced the nintendos goodness.

I may well trade in my ps2 closer to the time of the ps3 and buy a cut price GC with loads of the best games at cut price. It doesn't really have a resale price, but then again i get another shot of gaming.

I like some of the games that the GC has, but i'm not really liking its controller, as i loved the ps and n64s for the logical setup of buttons.

I'm thinking after i've got a couple of new driving games and killzone, i think i may have to ditch my playstation.

I'm still not going to get a box because it's just too foreign to me.
Fri 25/06/04 at 17:33
Regular
"The Chorleon's"
and gba
Tue 15/06/04 at 17:05
Regular
GameCube > Xbox > PS2.

All good though.
Tue 15/06/04 at 10:06
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
I was bored last night so I played through an old game of Final Fantasy X. I forgot how emotional the bit in the summoners sanctum is. I must admit it had me choked. Anyone else found this bit good.
Mon 14/06/04 at 17:01
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I hardly ever play my PS2 now.
Mon 14/06/04 at 10:15
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I have PS2..XBOX and the CUBE.

All three have them are different in there own way. I play on the xbox more and i very rarely play on the Cube, Ps2 every now and again.

Recently on xbox played DOA 3, Project gotham racing 2 and fuzion frenzy and Shenmue 2 Yes again!. All games i get into alot. I prefer the control pads on the xbox but i use the smaller controller as the big thing was to chunky.

Defenetly down to games though but i wouldnt say i like the others any less.
Sat 12/06/04 at 15:35
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Different opinions and tastes is all. Can't say someone is 'wrong' to
> buy a PS2 like you can't say someone is 'wrong' to be buying a Xbox
> or Gamecube. People have different tastes in games and buy the system
> that best suits them or their budget. I bought a PS2 because the 2
> other consoles don't have as many turn based/strategy RPG's available
> on them, which is a fact. So as i'm a big fan of that genre the PS2
> is best suited for me and MY tastes.
>
> Why we all can't just get on with playing on our consoles and stop
> criticising others for their purchases (hell it's not like their
> using your money to buy it) i have no idea.

I must agree with you on the point of rpg's I bought my ps2 to play Final Fantasy X. Then my Game cube to play ffcc. The X box is lacking for Rpg fans. They have mostly extreme sport and half naked vollyball.
Sat 12/06/04 at 14:59
Regular
Vertices actually :P
Sat 12/06/04 at 14:44
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Then it has verticies foo'. ;)
Sat 12/06/04 at 13:50
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> It doesn't really have an edge.

It does actually. The Xbox and the GameCube are much more rounded at the corners while the PS2s conrners are a lot sharper!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.