GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XIII - what next?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Xiii'.
Mon 07/06/04 at 12:02
Regular
I finally completed this game last night, after Months of neglect. Bloody fantastic!

Anyhoo, what's next for the game? The cliffhanger suggests a sequel, but am I meant to play through the game again?

If I go through it again, do I keep my skills? I never managed to get the 'dual weapons' skill - and still don't know how to get it. Help?

Also, I still haven't uncovered Number I on the list, or is this intentional?

p.s. I was sooo tempted to Judo Chop everyone on the boat at the end :D
Tue 08/06/04 at 18:55
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I've been replaying JSRF recently - I love cel-shaded graphics. It gave XIII a style, a panache, a gusto, a verve, a zest, a brio and a flair so supreme!!

-ahem-

I'll be buying the sequel. And will someone tell SEGA (have they died) to make another Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi and Rez.
Mon 07/06/04 at 17:09
Regular
"tokyo police club"
multiplayer CTF was amazing, witha couple of hard bots

'You stay back, gaurd the fla... oh sh... KILL THE COMMIE!'
Mon 07/06/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Edgy wrote:
> It was because of its cel-shading many people decided not to get it.
>
> Damn assholes - it's a quality game.

I have to agree, although I love the style of the game. It's not something I'd consider replayable (Indeed, I haven't went back to it) but for the week I was playing it, I enjoyed every moment. The ending was obvious from the start, but most of the enjoyment is from the journey, not the conclusion.
Mon 07/06/04 at 15:38
Regular
I picked it up at launch, but proceeded to neglect it due to all the better Live games available.

Maybe we should do one of those online petitions to get them to do a sequel, although it probably won't work...
Mon 07/06/04 at 15:35
Regular
It was because of its cel-shading many people decided not to get it.

Damn assholes - it's a quality game.
Mon 07/06/04 at 12:41
Regular
Yah, tis a shame about the poor sales of XIII. I managed to get it half price just a few weeks after its release. I thought the single player was great though, it was just the mutliplayer that was a letdown really...
Mon 07/06/04 at 12:18
Regular
Sheep
Mon 07/06/04 at 12:17
Regular
Awww, I had a feeling that would happen too!

Shame, tis such a stylish game. Bloody 'casual gamers' buying all the EA dross rather than proper, quality games.

I'm saddened.
Mon 07/06/04 at 12:16
Regular
*insert angel msn face*

Me? :P

Question 1:
What Creature borrows through the ground leaving a slimey substance in its tracks?

....WORMS O_O

Question 2:
What do you can a person who is sneaky?

......WORMS O_O

Question 3:
What is The name of the liquid in the tunnel that brings up food/water in a plant?

.....WORMS O_O

You get the idea.
Mon 07/06/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßulle†† wrote:
> p.s. I was sooo tempted to Judo Chop everyone on the boat at the end
> :D

Are you ready for this?

Really?

There isn't going to be a sequel due to poor sales.

Gutter eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.