GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Bull X-Fighters"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Red Bull X-Fighters'.
Mon 23/11/09 at 14:21
"possibly impossible"
Despite the name sounding like it could be a Beat-em-up between people high on a certain energy drink, Red Bull X Fighters is actually all about the annual X Fighters Tournaments which see bikers doing amazing mid-air stunts to compete with one another and the adoration of the crowd in a sort of 'strictly come biking'..

App Fighters
As with a few other Minis titles, X Fighters is a port of an iPod Apps game. As you’d expect., the PSP version comes with polished graphics and new levels to add value for money.

X Treme
It’s hard to describe X Fighters without it sounding a bit strange. You don’t have to worry about racing or any steering in a traditional sense. The best way of describing this is that it’s a little like Trials HD but just focusing on the stunt side of things rather than the whole balancing thing. This means you won’t have to worry about going along the ground, though you can pull off a few wheelies will speed things up and you do have to balance during these otherwise you’ll end up flat on your back (which, by my own experience, is more often than not!).

Gives you Wings
Once you reach a hill or ramp though you’ll be flung into the air. Pressing up gives you a slow motion bullet time style view where all the current tricks you own are displayed. You can flip backwards and forwards and perform tricks, chaining them together for more points. The important thing is to finish the tricks before you hit the ground and, of course, be the right way up when you do! It’s harder than it sounds and the first few attempts may have you swearing at the screen, but after a while you’ll be pulling of big chains of stunts.

Xterminate!
Well, judging by my own attempts, maybe not! As you go through the challenges they ask you to do more stunts or break the time limit and you’ll be pushing your skills all the way. It keeps things fresh, despite the relatively simple gameplay.

Seeing Red
Graphically, the game is one of the prettier Mini’s out there, the slow mo stunt sections are pretty spectacular and the crowd scenes with flashing cameras behind you are a nice touch. Menus are quite cool showing off the stunts and the music adds a distinct rock element to the proceedings which fits pretty well.

Bull or eXellent?
Ultimately, X Fighters is surprisingly addictive and annoying at times due to getting the timing just right without crashing into the ground. But it keeps you coming back for more and that’s the important thing. Well worth the price.

7/10
Mon 23/11/09 at 14:21
"possibly impossible"
Despite the name sounding like it could be a Beat-em-up between people high on a certain energy drink, Red Bull X Fighters is actually all about the annual X Fighters Tournaments which see bikers doing amazing mid-air stunts to compete with one another and the adoration of the crowd in a sort of 'strictly come biking'..

App Fighters
As with a few other Minis titles, X Fighters is a port of an iPod Apps game. As you’d expect., the PSP version comes with polished graphics and new levels to add value for money.

X Treme
It’s hard to describe X Fighters without it sounding a bit strange. You don’t have to worry about racing or any steering in a traditional sense. The best way of describing this is that it’s a little like Trials HD but just focusing on the stunt side of things rather than the whole balancing thing. This means you won’t have to worry about going along the ground, though you can pull off a few wheelies will speed things up and you do have to balance during these otherwise you’ll end up flat on your back (which, by my own experience, is more often than not!).

Gives you Wings
Once you reach a hill or ramp though you’ll be flung into the air. Pressing up gives you a slow motion bullet time style view where all the current tricks you own are displayed. You can flip backwards and forwards and perform tricks, chaining them together for more points. The important thing is to finish the tricks before you hit the ground and, of course, be the right way up when you do! It’s harder than it sounds and the first few attempts may have you swearing at the screen, but after a while you’ll be pulling of big chains of stunts.

Xterminate!
Well, judging by my own attempts, maybe not! As you go through the challenges they ask you to do more stunts or break the time limit and you’ll be pushing your skills all the way. It keeps things fresh, despite the relatively simple gameplay.

Seeing Red
Graphically, the game is one of the prettier Mini’s out there, the slow mo stunt sections are pretty spectacular and the crowd scenes with flashing cameras behind you are a nice touch. Menus are quite cool showing off the stunts and the music adds a distinct rock element to the proceedings which fits pretty well.

Bull or eXellent?
Ultimately, X Fighters is surprisingly addictive and annoying at times due to getting the timing just right without crashing into the ground. But it keeps you coming back for more and that’s the important thing. Well worth the price.

7/10
Mon 23/11/09 at 18:55
Regular
"How Ironic"
Nice review pb. Had the demo of this game, but ended up deleting it (as pete will tell you, biking is not my thing).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.