GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want this game..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/06/04 at 15:39
Regular
It does annoy me, it annoys us all, when wonderful titles like Driv3r, Hitman 3, Grand Theft Auto and Devil May Cry are left from Nintendo's release schedule. But then that's life, they are hardly Nintendo's style of software so I can live with it.

But then there comes a game which is just screaming Nintendo. Take Jet Set Radio, pure brilliance, original, fun with a unique style. X-box? X-bloody-box???? Despite bundling it with the console the game still sold like a led ballon retailing at little more than a tenner from some places. On the Gamecube it would have sold "as well" without any sodding bundle.

So it is with great annoyance that we are to miss out on another "NINTENDO" esq. game. This time it is Capcom with Under the Skin.

In under the skin Players take control of an alien called Kozumi who has been sent to Earth to cause mischief. This you achieve by scanning humans and adopting their form and abilities. You can turn into Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine and Nemesis from Resident Evil and even visit Racoon city. It is done in a cel-shaded style (you've never seen resi like this before) and all looks good fun. It is also being made by Production Studio 4 (Resident Evil 4, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe) but...

PS2 exclusive.

Bah.
Wed 16/06/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Underbean"
i would like a new supersmash bros, but i think it should be like kingdom hearts but with nintendo charactersd, so you can build a whole team of your fave nintendo characters them lvl them up high and go against your friends phantasy online style! coooool!!!!!
Wed 16/06/04 at 13:26
Regular
On the Capcom site though when you clcik on the game name it says at the bottom platform: Playstation 2. indicating that it isnt coming out on GameCube and that they screwed up.
Sat 12/06/04 at 13:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yup, according to Gamesmaster it'll be out on GameCube too.
Thu 10/06/04 at 18:29
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Looks like Dringo can sleep easy.
Thu 10/06/04 at 17:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> On the Capcom website it says it's coming out for the Cube. So maybe
> another late release.
>
> *looks*
>
> Pish you lie!

[URL]http://www.capcom-europe.com/[/URL] He does not.
Thu 10/06/04 at 16:28
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I think he's talking about the fact it's innovative, foo'
Thu 10/06/04 at 10:24
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Dringo wrote:
> PS2 owners have PS2 games... I want the Nintendo games to remain
> Nintendo games.

And at what point do Capcom games become Nintendo games?

auf deutsch, what a retarded comment about niche titles. There are more niche titles on practically *any* other system than GC. Or are you equating 'niche' with 'low sales' in the same way Dringo equates 'games he likes' with 'Nintendo'?
Thu 10/06/04 at 10:22
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Jet Set Radio screams "Nintendo"??? What are you on???

It screams "SEGA"!! Because it is a Sega game... not surprising really. And was on the Dreamcast, a Sega console.
Thu 10/06/04 at 09:44
Regular
Go to Capcom Europe, click on the GameCube games and scroll down.
Thu 10/06/04 at 00:17
"I love yo... lamp."
So you equate cell shading with Gamecube then do you?

This game does sound interesting, it really does. I'd like to play to see it on the Xbox which is my favoured platform because of the hard drive. But the chances are even if it does poorly on the PS2 it will still sell more than if it were to be on the Gamecube. For Capcom it makes commercial sense to develop it first for the PS2 and then consider porting it later.

As for Jet Set Radio Future, it didn't do particularly well because it wasn't marketed. Sure it was a follow up to a stupendously good game - but nobody played Jet Set Radio either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.