GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nego Geo Pocket Color"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/06/04 at 17:18
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Seriously thinking about one of these (lots of info on neo-geo.com for those of you not in the know). Can be picked up cheaply, and the games are very cheap (unboxed versions).
Just wanted to know a few owners experiences (good and bad) and any game recommendations.

Thanks
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:08
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Picked up one and have about 9 games so far, really really enjoying it, best £50ish I've spent for ages.

Screen colours seem better than GBA and it's easier to see in dim light than the "old" GBA Turf Masters for one is great, wish I'd bought one years ago now.
Mon 14/06/04 at 17:07
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I see. Well, the best place to look for these sort of games would be a car boot sale- People sell all sorts of old games and electronic crap when they have the chance. Some won't work, but these places are full of bargains.
Mon 14/06/04 at 10:04
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
There are loads of cheap "unboxed" (but in plastic cases) games about, it's only the ones boxed with instructions that are worth a good few quid, especially rare are the UK games that were produced but never got released here.

ie. UK Pocket Reversi UK version fully boxed £200 plus, but JPN version of the same game £10-£15
Sat 12/06/04 at 10:34
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Yes, but this is the Neo Geo Pocket Colour, a Gameboy Rival sold in the mid 1990s the somehow failed to sell, not the original console from the 1990s, which was sold only in some areas, therefore making the games quite scarce.

Neo Geo Pocket Colour Games must be cheap- how come SR are selling the machines plus games for such a low price, then? Trade-in shops are the places to get these sorts of games- most sell games from 15 or so years ago for prices as low as £15, in decent condition. Neo Geo colour? Very cheap.
Fri 11/06/04 at 12:58
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Apparently there are a couple of Atari 2600 games worth £3000 each, eek and don't forget that Neo Geo game that sold for 12,500USD couple of months ago.
Thu 10/06/04 at 17:55
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
If you want cheap retro gaming, the Neo Geo Colour is the way to gop. SR are currently offering one with six games for £57.99- quite a good bargain, seeing as the games can be picked up cheaply themselves from Trade-In shops and eBay.

However, if you want incredibly expensive retro gaming, buy an original Arcade Pac-Man machine for £20,000 or so. =D
Thu 10/06/04 at 17:04
Regular
I used to have one - loved it. Only reason I got rid was because it died pretty quickly and I was getting bored of the games.

I'll probably end up grabbing another someday.
Tue 08/06/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
money to spare :) wife and two kids take care of that. Make nice Fathers Day pressie though.

What games have you got ?
Tue 08/06/04 at 17:21
Regular
"tokyo police club"
worth it if you've got money to spare, i'd say
Tue 08/06/04 at 17:19
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
spelt Neo as Nego :) do know what I'm on about honestly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.