GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Game Guides"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/07/01 at 18:26
Regular
So this site has cheats, reviews, previews, chat-forums and you can buy stuff here. The one thing that is missing are guides. You can post guides to a game or part of a game here, just say what the game is and explain. To start things off I have a guide to the Game Boy Advance title, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity.

Pawn Cup

1.Bianca City (1): This course is fairly simple but there are a few ways you can get ahead of the pack on Master setting. The first it the jump at the beginning, if you use a boost just before it you can cut the corner and get ahead. Also if you are using a vehicle with a long boost you can go over the black debris in order to skip one of the corners. Make sure you hit the boosts at the end of each lap.

2.Stark Farm (1): This course is horrible on Master setting as there are no real short cuts. Just boost when you get it and blast turn round those corners and pray you finish in the top three.

3.Empyrean Colony (1): Make sure you do the corner before all the boosts well and don’t hit the sides and you should be fine.

4.Stark Farm (2): There’s one tricky corner. Boost on the wide open parts of the track. I find the best place is where the track splits up with the black debris. The map looks like there are lots of horrid turns be the are actually really wide.

5.Cloud Carpet (1): Boost after one of the most horrible corners in the game and get round the corners without hitting any other vehicles and you should keep out in fron. This is my favourite short cut, take the boost on the left just before the jump and steer to the left to land on a pice of track just after the corner that follows the long jump. This shave tones of time off and will keep you in front.

Knight Cup

1.Tenth Zone East (1): This track is easy but on Master you have to do it perfectly, the only bad bit is the two 90° corners at the end of the track but you should be able to get through it easily.

2.Beacon Port (1): This is very simple and one of the easyer on Master Setting. I boost on the diagonal part of the track just before the crossroads. Just don’t hit the sides and blast turn those corners.

3.Synobazz (1): There are two horrible turns near the beginning and keep to the inside when you get to the part of the track with mines but move out if anyone gets in your way. Always boost after the corner after the mines and take the jump. The boost should take you round the corner over the lava. On the last lap, if you are behind, forget about the lava and just drive through it, you should be able to take over the person in front.

4.Ancient Mesa (1): The worst part of this track is the ice. Don’t make a corner without blast turning of you will just slide to the side of the track. Always take the left route and try to hit one of the two boosts before hitting the one in the centre as it will take you down the track anf out of the ice. After the jump and just before the home strait use your boost.

5.Stark Farm (3): This is my favourite track. It is pretty easy. I always take the right route over the jump so I can get the boosts strait on when the two tracks join up again. Miss all the sides and you should hit the end wall and rebound off in the right direction. Always try to turn on that last corner but it is not a big deal if you hit that final side. I use the boost as soon as I get it as there are no bad corners at the beginning of the track.

Bishop Cup

1.Bianca City (2): This is really simple, just don’t hit the sides and boost as you get it at the beginning of each lap.

2.Ancient Mesa (2): Another horrible ice track. It doesn’t really matter what rout you take at the split section just blast corner and don’t slip on the corners near the end of the track.

3.Crater Land (1): This is a great track. Just hit all the boosts, get round the corners well. If you need to repair always boost through the pits as it will stop anyone overtaking you.

4.Cloud Carpet (2): There are some horrible corners but there is a good short cut. Boost and hit the jump just before the horrid 180° and you can get onto the next part of track and skip that corner.

5.Bianca City (3): Pretty simple, you just have to make those corners really well. Boost after the evil corner when you see the black debris.

Queen Cup

1.Crater Land (2): Very easy. Hit the two boosts at the beginning after the fist corner and jump the two loads of debris. It doesn’t really matter where you boost.

2.Tenth Zone East (1): Don’t fall off. Boost as soon as you start a lap and on the part where the track splits with the jump try to stay in the air as long as possibe so you don’t get dragged down be the magnets.

3.Empyrean Colony (2): Try to hit all the boosts and don’t hit the twist things. If you do just break, turn and keep going. Boost as soon as each lap begins.

4.Fire Field (1): Hard on Master setting. Dodge all the mines and if you are very skill full near the end there are a whole bunch of mine preventing you from making the best corner. If you keep close to the far edge on the lava you can miss the mines and get ahead. On the last part keep to the left or right of the track.

5.Fire Field (2): The best place to boost it before the jump so you can get over a whole load of mines. If you are using a vehicle with a long boost use it a bit earlyer on. Turn sharply befor the yellow stuff that pulls you to the middle of the track. If you need to repair boost so you don’t use up much time as that way takes longer and people will overtake you.

The Secret Vehicles:

Access Queen Cup: Complete everything on Expert setting

Sly Joker: Complete everything on standard setting, exept for Queen Cup.

The Sting Ray: Complete beginner on Queen Cup.

Silver Thunder: Complete Queen Cup on Expert Setting.

Falcon Mk-II: Complete Bishop on Master Setting.

Fighting Comet: Complete all cups on Master setting

The Best Vehicle in the game: Can’t remember what it’s called but you have to complete all cups on master setting with all vehicles. Chess pieces will record what you’ve completed and what you have not when you select your vehicle.

That’s it. If anyone else has any guides to horrible parts in games then post them here.
Sun 08/07/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
So this site has cheats, reviews, previews, chat-forums and you can buy stuff here. The one thing that is missing are guides. You can post guides to a game or part of a game here, just say what the game is and explain. To start things off I have a guide to the Game Boy Advance title, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity.

Pawn Cup

1.Bianca City (1): This course is fairly simple but there are a few ways you can get ahead of the pack on Master setting. The first it the jump at the beginning, if you use a boost just before it you can cut the corner and get ahead. Also if you are using a vehicle with a long boost you can go over the black debris in order to skip one of the corners. Make sure you hit the boosts at the end of each lap.

2.Stark Farm (1): This course is horrible on Master setting as there are no real short cuts. Just boost when you get it and blast turn round those corners and pray you finish in the top three.

3.Empyrean Colony (1): Make sure you do the corner before all the boosts well and don’t hit the sides and you should be fine.

4.Stark Farm (2): There’s one tricky corner. Boost on the wide open parts of the track. I find the best place is where the track splits up with the black debris. The map looks like there are lots of horrid turns be the are actually really wide.

5.Cloud Carpet (1): Boost after one of the most horrible corners in the game and get round the corners without hitting any other vehicles and you should keep out in fron. This is my favourite short cut, take the boost on the left just before the jump and steer to the left to land on a pice of track just after the corner that follows the long jump. This shave tones of time off and will keep you in front.

Knight Cup

1.Tenth Zone East (1): This track is easy but on Master you have to do it perfectly, the only bad bit is the two 90° corners at the end of the track but you should be able to get through it easily.

2.Beacon Port (1): This is very simple and one of the easyer on Master Setting. I boost on the diagonal part of the track just before the crossroads. Just don’t hit the sides and blast turn those corners.

3.Synobazz (1): There are two horrible turns near the beginning and keep to the inside when you get to the part of the track with mines but move out if anyone gets in your way. Always boost after the corner after the mines and take the jump. The boost should take you round the corner over the lava. On the last lap, if you are behind, forget about the lava and just drive through it, you should be able to take over the person in front.

4.Ancient Mesa (1): The worst part of this track is the ice. Don’t make a corner without blast turning of you will just slide to the side of the track. Always take the left route and try to hit one of the two boosts before hitting the one in the centre as it will take you down the track anf out of the ice. After the jump and just before the home strait use your boost.

5.Stark Farm (3): This is my favourite track. It is pretty easy. I always take the right route over the jump so I can get the boosts strait on when the two tracks join up again. Miss all the sides and you should hit the end wall and rebound off in the right direction. Always try to turn on that last corner but it is not a big deal if you hit that final side. I use the boost as soon as I get it as there are no bad corners at the beginning of the track.

Bishop Cup

1.Bianca City (2): This is really simple, just don’t hit the sides and boost as you get it at the beginning of each lap.

2.Ancient Mesa (2): Another horrible ice track. It doesn’t really matter what rout you take at the split section just blast corner and don’t slip on the corners near the end of the track.

3.Crater Land (1): This is a great track. Just hit all the boosts, get round the corners well. If you need to repair always boost through the pits as it will stop anyone overtaking you.

4.Cloud Carpet (2): There are some horrible corners but there is a good short cut. Boost and hit the jump just before the horrid 180° and you can get onto the next part of track and skip that corner.

5.Bianca City (3): Pretty simple, you just have to make those corners really well. Boost after the evil corner when you see the black debris.

Queen Cup

1.Crater Land (2): Very easy. Hit the two boosts at the beginning after the fist corner and jump the two loads of debris. It doesn’t really matter where you boost.

2.Tenth Zone East (1): Don’t fall off. Boost as soon as you start a lap and on the part where the track splits with the jump try to stay in the air as long as possibe so you don’t get dragged down be the magnets.

3.Empyrean Colony (2): Try to hit all the boosts and don’t hit the twist things. If you do just break, turn and keep going. Boost as soon as each lap begins.

4.Fire Field (1): Hard on Master setting. Dodge all the mines and if you are very skill full near the end there are a whole bunch of mine preventing you from making the best corner. If you keep close to the far edge on the lava you can miss the mines and get ahead. On the last part keep to the left or right of the track.

5.Fire Field (2): The best place to boost it before the jump so you can get over a whole load of mines. If you are using a vehicle with a long boost use it a bit earlyer on. Turn sharply befor the yellow stuff that pulls you to the middle of the track. If you need to repair boost so you don’t use up much time as that way takes longer and people will overtake you.

The Secret Vehicles:

Access Queen Cup: Complete everything on Expert setting

Sly Joker: Complete everything on standard setting, exept for Queen Cup.

The Sting Ray: Complete beginner on Queen Cup.

Silver Thunder: Complete Queen Cup on Expert Setting.

Falcon Mk-II: Complete Bishop on Master Setting.

Fighting Comet: Complete all cups on Master setting

The Best Vehicle in the game: Can’t remember what it’s called but you have to complete all cups on master setting with all vehicles. Chess pieces will record what you’ve completed and what you have not when you select your vehicle.

That’s it. If anyone else has any guides to horrible parts in games then post them here.
Sun 08/07/01 at 21:56
Apparently Tony said that he is working on a new section for Special reserve on GameGuides. Lets hope it is done soon.

Who else thinks we need a GameGuide section?

Anyone?
Mon 09/07/01 at 15:29
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I can dig it!!
Mon 09/07/01 at 17:47
Game guides are good idea. I could probably do one for Krazy racers and a few N64 games that i've played throughout in the summer holidays.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.