GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Games this year"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/06/04 at 18:08
Regular
": ("
Got it 2 weeks ago, great console!

But are there any decent games coming out for it this year?

Any decent exclusives?

Harvest Moon

I really want this game!
It sounds really interesting and by what you guy have been saying it sound like you have alot of choices to make like you do in The Sims, I know alot of people hate The Sims but I think the first one was okay.

Star Fox

I've got this game and I played it for the first time today, its great, the characters are cool, the controlling is cool etc. Why were some people dissapointed with it?

Mario Golf/Tennis

Why do they keep making Mario sport games?
I really dont see the point, you would only get a Tennis/Golf game if you liked Tennis/Golf so why would anyone get a Mario version of the sport when they could get a ore detailed Tennis/Golf game like Smash Court Tennis/Tiger Woods?

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals

Who was it who said it is similar to Harvest Moon?
In what way is it similar?
It looks quite good, I've played FFX and liked it and this looks just as good, it also looks like FF7 because of the characters.

Official Memory Card 1019

Anyone else heard of this?
Its an Official Memory Card so it ain't no fake, does anyone know how much it is because im hoping to get one.

If you can, could you tell me what you think about these games.

Oh, quick question : How much does the Nintendo Gamecube Magazine cost?

Cheers!
Tue 15/06/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Swish"
I ordered da 1019 memory card from this website. It's made by Logic3. Another game expected to come out is Starfox 2. I think it's gonna be a pretty tight game. It has 4-player mission mode which is it's best feature if you ask me.
Tue 15/06/04 at 18:52
"Hi"
I don't like footy games but I loved ISS 98 and ISS 64 on the N64. It's a shame there absolute rubbish on the 'Cube. Who cares about Pro Evolution when Nintendo have the best games in all other genres.
Mon 14/06/04 at 16:38
Regular
Well the reason Winning Eleven six was never released over here was because of a deal with sony.

What I don't understand is that Konami waste money on ISS and release that on the Gamecube.

We don't want it!
Mon 14/06/04 at 10:25
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I expect 'owt more from you, Stridders. ;-)

Why do we never get Winning Eleven, or any of the Pro Evo series on the 'Cube? Konami don't think they'll get enough sales from it to make it worthwhile?
Sat 12/06/04 at 22:09
Regular
": ("
Tomoose wrote:

> Nope, i've only got a Cube... tho' i'm tempted to pick up a cheap
> PS2, just for things like PES3, so i stop wasting money on FIFA's,
> and a coupla tennis games or sommit.....

I dont see the point in this, why not get a brand new Xbox for the same price as a second hand PS2???

Pro Evo 4 is coming to the Xbox this year, it will have great graphics, better than the PS2.

The only reason I would get a PS2 would be for GTA San Andreas but even that'll come to the Xbox soon after.

Sorry to insult the PS2 so much but its old and has no games I want that aren't coming on any other consoles.
:D
Sat 12/06/04 at 21:41
Regular
Mario Tennis games are excellent.

Pity they didn't put a bit more effort into Mario Golf. There's no point bothering with it when Tiger Woods is available. ALl it needed was a bit more effort and an analogue swing and it could have been a classic.
Sat 12/06/04 at 21:41
Regular
Yeah, I'm thinking of maybe getting a cheap PS2 for my Birthday in August.
I'll finally be able to get some of the older games I've been wanting for so long.
Sat 12/06/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Try Viewtiful Joe, Ikaruga and Super Monkey Ball 2. Apart from Harvest Moon, those are the only GC games I've got and I'm more than happy with them, because they offer more than enough variety.
Sat 12/06/04 at 20:09
Regular
"the burning sky"
Ashman wrote:
> He has an Xbox. I think. And so, yes, I concur, get Top Spin for Xbox
> and Mario Tennis for GC. Sorted. No?

Nope, i've only got a Cube... tho' i'm tempted to pick up a cheap PS2, just for things like PES3, so i stop wasting money on FIFA's, and a coupla tennis games or sommit.....
Sat 12/06/04 at 20:03
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
He has an Xbox. I think. And so, yes, I concur, get Top Spin for Xbox and Mario Tennis for GC. Sorted. No?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.